March 21st through June 21st, 2007
**MAY 29, 2007 – I’ve COMPLETED this challenge – and with almost a month to spare! I love that this challenge got me to read some books I’ve been wanting to read for some time. Thank you to Katrina for hosting it!
Uh oh, another challenge I just can’t say no to! Katrina over at Callapidder Days has come up with The Spring Reading Thing 2007 Challenge. Here’s what she says:
Have you fallen behind on your To-Be-Read list? Do you have five books that you’ve started but haven’t finished? Have you been meaning to get around to that great book your friend recommended but just haven’t done it yet? Do you love to read and to find out what everyone else is reading? Then this challenge is for you!
It’s all about setting goals and sharing them; little to no pressure; gives me a chance to knock some of my books off the TBR pile. Katrina’s sweetened the pot by offering a $10 gift certificate to Amazon.com for one lucky winner, and some random book giveaways too (now what legitimate bookaholic can walk away from that??!?!). Besides all of those incentives, the button is adorable and I wanted to display it on my blog!
I’ve chosen five (2 of which overlap another challenge):
1. Travels With Charley in Search of America, by John Steinbeck (FINISHED 3/29/2007. Read my review here.)
2. The Art of Mending, by Elizabeth Berg (FINISHED 5/14/2007. Read my review here.)
3. The Year of Pleasures, by Elizabeth Berg (FINISHED 4/9/2007. Read my review here.)
4. The Road, by Cormac McCarthy -overlaps with NYT Most Notable Challenge (FINISHED 5/17/2007. Read my review here.)
5. Old Filth, by Jane Gardam – overlaps with NYT Most Notable Challenge and Reading Across Borders Challenge (FINISHED 5/29/2007. Read my review here.)