A Thinking Blogger – Who Me????

Nancy over at Bookfoolery and Babble has  nominated me for The Thinking Blogger award! I think I blushed from the tips of my toes to the top of my head last night when I found out – I’m excited and honored and am very happy to “pass on the joy” to five bloggers who make me think!

Here are the “rules” …

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

What I discovered this morning, as I explored all my favorite blogs, was it is nearly impossible for me to narrow this down to only five. Some were easy to eliminate because they have been nominated before by other bloggers. But, even still, I found myself with a legal pad filled with the names of blogs I love. I wish I could nominate them all. (For example, my friends over at the NYT Most Notable Blog all have wonderful, thinking sites – and I love discussing books with them).

So after hemming and hawing, and worrying I might hurt someone’s feelings if I didn’t choose them, I finally whittled my list down to five (drum roll, please!!!):

1.  Ariel at Sycorax Pine (aka: Por of Tour) is the brainchild of the NYT Most Notable Blog – a place to discuss books from the challenge I started over here. Her main site is filled with thoughtful essays, book reviews and observations of life.

2.  A Reader’ Journal, crafted by Booklogged, is the place to go if you love a good challenge. Her zest for reading and ability to bring the book bloggers out in force is unmatched by anyone else in the blogosphere!

3.  Evaberry’s blog is simply beautiful. She’s an artist with a camera. Her photos always make me smile. I especially like how they all tell a story of some sort (check out these).

4.  Logophilia is a new blog I’ve just discovered. This writer and reader from  Switzerland definitely makes me think. Anyone with a 10 year reading plan that includes Plato, Aristotle and Shakespeare (among other heavy hitters) deserves a Thinking Blogger Award!

5.  I find myself living vicariously through the words of The Traveller over at Around the World in 100 Books. Her blog has expanded my horizons, made me dream of foreign lands and added to my ever growing pile of books to-be-read.

So there it is – the five blogs that make me think. Thanks again, Nancy, for nominating me for this award!

• Anonymous on March 23, 2007 at 11:22

Thanks, Wendy! What an honor! Now I must start madly reviewing all the blogs I read, in an anxious attempt to narrow them to five…

• Anonymous on March 23, 2007 at 12:24

I think Sycorax Pine is an excellent choice, Wendy. Ariel definately makes you think. I find her blog consistently challenging and interesting. I’ll have to check out your other choices as well. Have a good one!

• Anonymous on March 23, 2007 at 12:34

Thanks for joining in, Wendy! I almost nominated Booklogged, but thought she’d already been nominated. I’m glad you chose her blog! I’ll have to check out the other ones you nominated. I’m afraid my link list is going to become huge because I have to check out every else’s favorites. 🙂
    Sorry about the nonenabled comments – I’ve fixed that.

• Anonymous on March 24, 2007 at 05:53

Wendy – thank you so much! I’m so honored you thought of my blog, especially since we just “met”! 🙂 I’m going to really have to think about who I’d like to nominate now – very difficult indeed!

• Anonymous on March 24, 2007 at 10:29

I didn’t see anything on her blog which indicated she’d been chosen before… 🙂

• Anonymous on March 24, 2007 at 10:30

I’m looking forward to seeing who you pick!!!! By the way, thanks for the nice things you said about me on your blog *blushes*

• Anonymous on March 24, 2007 at 10:32

This was very hard to pick just five (you were on my “short” list, Kookie. I decided to lump all my reading friends over at the NYT blog together – except for Ariel!).

• Anonymous on March 27, 2007 at 10:34

Oh my goodness! I’m more than flattered and I don’t deserve it at all. I wish I had more time to devote to my blog and to actually writing something meaningful on it, like you do.
    I must make a list of my own, but, like you said, five is nowhere near enough!

• Anonymous on April 2, 2007 at 16:29

I’m finally back online! Thanks so much for the nomination – it is always good to hear that what you’re writing has some interest for someone out there. I’m impressed by your reading lists – I’ll be stopping by for inspiration all the time now, you know!

• Anonymous on April 2, 2007 at 16:37

You absolutely deserve it! And I’ll forward to seeing who you pick as well!!

• Anonymous on April 2, 2007 at 16:38