Nancy over at Bookfoolery and Babble has nominated me for The Thinking Blogger award! I think I blushed from the tips of my toes to the top of my head last night when I found out – I’m excited and honored and am very happy to “pass on the joy” to five bloggers who make me think!
Here are the “rules” …
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
What I discovered this morning, as I explored all my favorite blogs, was it is nearly impossible for me to narrow this down to only five. Some were easy to eliminate because they have been nominated before by other bloggers. But, even still, I found myself with a legal pad filled with the names of blogs I love. I wish I could nominate them all. (For example, my friends over at the NYT Most Notable Blog all have wonderful, thinking sites – and I love discussing books with them).
So after hemming and hawing, and worrying I might hurt someone’s feelings if I didn’t choose them, I finally whittled my list down to five (drum roll, please!!!):
1. Ariel at Sycorax Pine (aka: Por of Tour) is the brainchild of the NYT Most Notable Blog – a place to discuss books from the challenge I started over here. Her main site is filled with thoughtful essays, book reviews and observations of life.
2. A Reader’ Journal, crafted by Booklogged, is the place to go if you love a good challenge. Her zest for reading and ability to bring the book bloggers out in force is unmatched by anyone else in the blogosphere!
4. Logophilia is a new blog I’ve just discovered. This writer and reader from Switzerland definitely makes me think. Anyone with a 10 year reading plan that includes Plato, Aristotle and Shakespeare (among other heavy hitters) deserves a Thinking Blogger Award!
5. I find myself living vicariously through the words of The Traveller over at Around the World in 100 Books. Her blog has expanded my horizons, made me dream of foreign lands and added to my ever growing pile of books to-be-read.
So there it is – the five blogs that make me think. Thanks again, Nancy, for nominating me for this award!