SPRING THING WRAP UP
Katrina at Calipidder Days is asking for our wrap up to this challenge…so here’s mine!I read the following books:
1. Travels With Charley in Search of America, by John Steinbeck (FINISHED 3/29/2007. Read my review here.)
2. The Art of Mending, by Elizabeth Berg (FINISHED 5/14/2007. Read my review here.)
3. The Year of Pleasures, by Elizabeth Berg (FINISHED 4/9/2007. Read my review here.)
4. The Road, by Cormac McCarthy (FINISHED 5/17/2007. Read my review here.)
5. Old Filth, by Jane Gardam (FINISHED 5/29/2007. Read my review here.)
What was the best book you read this spring?
The Road was the best book I read. It was tense, emotional, finely wrought. I will be reading more McCarthy novels in the future. I also LOVED Travels With Charley.
What book could you have done without?
I actually enjoyed all five books, but my least favorite was The Art of Mending. I’m a Berg fan, but this wasn’t one of her best efforts.
Did you try out a new author this spring? If so, which one, and will you be reading that author again?
McCarthy was a new author to me, as was Jane Gardam. I’ll be reading more McCarthy, but not sure I’d read another Gardam book…not because she isn’t an accomplished writer, just because I prefer other styles.
Did you come across a book or two on other participant’ lists that you’re plannign to add to your own TBR pile? Which ones?
I’m trying really hard to stop adding books to my wish list! I saw more books than I care to list here – suffice it to say, this challenge opened my eyes to some more great books!
What did you learn — about anything — through this challenge?
I learned that limiting my challenge list to something reasonable made it way more fun and less stress. I love finishing challenges!
What was the best part of the Spring Reading Thing?
Reading other people’s lists and reviews.
Would you be interested in participating in another challenge this Fall?
I’m always interested in new challenges!