July 1 – December 31, 2007
Thank you Sherry for hosting this fun challenge! It got me to read some books on my TBR pile that I have had for quite some time. Of the six books I read, none was rated less than a 4/5 and four were rated 5/5! See the links below to all reviews.
Sherry at Semicolon has been hosting The Saturday Review of Books for quite some time now – and has decided to do a challenge whereby participants pick 6 books from the review archives to read in a 6 month period of time. Since you all know I cannot resist a good challenge, I’ve decided to sign up. I’m picking books which overlap other challenges or are for scheduled book club reads. Here are my choices:
1. The Echomaker, by Richard Powers (reviewed by Ruth at There is no Such Thing as a God-Forsaken Town) – Completed September 6, 2007; rated 4.5/5; read my review here.
2. The Emperor’s Children, by Claire Messud (reviewed by K at Unprintable Version) – Completed December 12, 2007; rated 4/5; read my review here.
3. The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood (reviewed by Tanabata at In The Spring It Is The Dawn, Michelle at 3M, and HeidiJane at Adventures in Bookland) – Completed November 5, 2007; rated 5/5; read my review here.
4. The Pearl, by John Steinbeck (reviewed by Sarah at It’s A Small World) – Completed November 30, 2007; rated 5/5; read my review here.
5. A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving (reviewed by booklogged at A Reader’s Journal) – Completed September 20, 2007; rated 5/5; read my review here.
6. A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini (reviewed by magistramater and Trish) – Completed December 8, 2007; rated 5/5; read my review here.