December 1, 2007 – February 29, 2008
I stayed up late on the last day of this challenge to complete my final book – Cat’s Eye, by Margaret Atwood. The books I read for this challenge were all great, except for Wilder’s Pulitzer winner which I found rather dull. My favorite read of the challenge was A Thousand Splendid Suns. I thoroughly enjoyed participating. Thank you to Kathleen who hosted!
I loved this button so much I just had to join (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!). Kathleen at Rock Creek Rumblings is hosting the Winter Reading Challenge. It’s simple – pick as many books as you want and read them from December 1st through the end of February.
Here’s my list:
1. A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini (Completed December 8, 2007; rated 5/5; read my review)
2. The Emperor’s Children, by Claire Messud (Completed December 13, 2007; rated 4/5; read my review)
3. Candide, by Voltaire (Completed December 30, 2007; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
4. Disgrace, by J.M. Coetzee (Completed December 14, 2007; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
5. The Bridge of San Luis Rey, by Thorton Wilder (Completed December 23, 2007; rated 3/5; read my review)
6. Cat’s Eye, by Margaret Atwood (Completed February 29, 2008; rated 4.5/5; read my review)