Six Pieces of Trivia Meme

My friend Karin from You Heard Me has tagged me for a meme…it’s a fun one.

The Rules:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Make sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.

I had to sleep on this one – my brain is a bit fuzzed from being sick for two weeks; and I admit I’m not feeling terribly creative. Here are my six things:

I.   In 1977 I was the NH State half mile champion and in 1978 I was a member of the mile relay team that won the New England Championships. This is a fact I share rarely with others…and I can’t even imagine running that fast today as I creep through middle age.

NE Champions 1978: Tina Guerin, Wendy Ward, Maureen Ferns, Megan O’Sullivan

II.   I stay in my pajamas most days until 11:00. Now, don’t assume this equates to laziness. I work as a physical therapy consultant and much of that requires typing reports and making phone calls which I do in the mornings. I usually get up, pour myself a cup of coffee and work on the computer for the first few hours of each day. Why bother getting dressed?

III.   I stole my pet rat, Grete, from the college lab at the end of the semester. I was taking a behavioral psychology class at the University of Rhode Island whereby we were given baby rats and the task of teaching these tiny rodents how to press a lever to get water. I grew attached to my rat and when I discovered that all the rats would be gassed at the end of the semester, I decided to save Grete’s life. A friend helped me break into the lab and steal her one night. I think the professor was well aware of the theft, but conveniently looked the other way.

IV.   I like to paint my toenails red. How trivial is that?

V.   I joined a Sorority in college. Most people do not know this and would not picture me being a Sorority girl. Truth be told, I hated dorm living and joined the Sorority for the great living quarters, and some of the best food on campus.

VI.   I have three novels in rough draft I’ve written. Maybe someday I’ll finish them.

I’m supposed to tag three people – but I’m feeling quite lazy. Consider yourself tagged if you are reading this!

• Anonymous on February 10, 2008 at 15:14

Rat-stealing, red-toenailed ,jammie-wearing-’til-11 o’clock, former track star! Who knew? I suspect you’re holding back a bit on some other accomplishments…hmm?
    Thanks for playing and thanks for sharing!
    Your Nordic sista’, Karin

• Anonymous on February 10, 2008 at 15:20

*laughing* Who me, Karin? Nah! You know it all now 🙂

• Anonymous on February 10, 2008 at 15:57

This was soooo much fun to read! Thanks for sharing some interesting facts about yourself. Now get busy on your writing . . . I’d like to read a finished piece! 🙂

• Anonymous on February 11, 2008 at 10:42

Thanks, Joy! I’d like to read a finished piece someday too 🙂 *laughs*

• Anonymous on February 11, 2008 at 23:01

Wait, track champ in NH or in NE? Are my eyes deceiving me or do you have two widely separated states mention in your post? Whatever the place, I get it … you are (were?) fast on your feet! Congratulations.
    Now I’m curious about your three novels. What genre? What are the protagonists like?
    Anyway, I’m here to invite you to come on over to Bonnie’s Books (http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2008/02/awards-ceremony-dress-appropriately.html). Dress up because I’m having an awards ceremony complete with gala. And do bring along your acceptance speech, though the producers are asking that each person receiving an award please limit your speech to five minutes … save your longer comments for your own blog, when you pass along the award(s).

• Anonymous on February 12, 2008 at 00:16

LOL, Bonnie – thank you for the award…I’m tremendously flattered.
    Sorry for the confusion….NH = New Hampshire; NE = New England. Not separate states 🙂
    And I’m no longer fast at age 47 – sad but true.
    Oh, you don’t want me to go into detail on my novels here…you’ll have to wait until they’re published – HA, could be a long, long wait – hee hee.