Welcome to My New Site

Some of you may have thought I fell off the earth earlier today, but I’ve just been playing on my new site which I hope you will all enjoy!

I have been using BlogHarbor for three years – and it is a great blog host – but when I found out that BlogHarbor was creating a WordPress blog format called PressHarbor, I got interested. I was happy to learn that the tech support would not change (and John from BlogHarbor has saved me more than once, so that was a big issue for me – thanks, John!). I also found out that one of my biggest concerns would be taken care of … that of migrating my BlogHarbor blog here with all the re-directed links, comments, and photos. And it was really a piece of cake. I simply contacted John, signed up for PressHarbor, and a week later here I am.

I hope you will all be patient as I learn my way around my new site. I will be adding my blog roll in the next week; and I’m working hard to figure out how to get my Mr. Linky’s working for the Themed Challenge participants.

You might notice that all the comments now say from Anonymous…I know you’re not Anonymous, but the migration didn’t allow for individual names. From here on out, however, your names will appear with your comments.

Please let me know what you think and if you find any glitches! Thank you!

• Laura on March 9, 2008 at 20:46

Hello dear Wendy! The new site looks very nice!

Have you tested it with Bloglines or Google Reader? I just tried to subscribe and Google Reader told me “no feed available”. Could be just a glitch this evening, or maybe something else, so I thought I’d mention it.

Also I was thinking that even though your old site will redirect to this one, you might want to post a notice on your old blog just for those who primarily follow it via a reader, because I doubt the feed will continue without some action on their part.

Thanks!
    L

• Wendy on March 9, 2008 at 21:03

Hmmmmm, I haven’t tested the Google Reader/Blog Lines thing. I wonder why it is saying no feed!?!?!? Not sure why it is not recognizing the feed. I will have to ask my tech support 🙂

Unfortunately no one can go to my old site now…it simply will redirect them here if they try. The redirect will continue for months…so I hope by then that I have notified everyone and those who want to, will make the changes.

• Wendy on March 9, 2008 at 21:05

Okay, I just tried subscribing to Bloglines by clicking on the subscribe to feed in the upper left hand corner of my blog – and it worked fine. Is that how you attempted with Google Reader? I notice it does give you the option of choosing Google Reader. Let me know!

• Eva on March 9, 2008 at 21:57

I use google reader, and the feed switched over automatically. 🙂 Love the new look!!

• Wendy on March 9, 2008 at 22:28

Thanks Eva – glad to hear the feed is working!

• Laura on March 10, 2008 at 07:07

Well whaddaya know, the feed switched automagically for me as well. I guess I should just be more patient! Yeah, right, like that will happen!

Sorry to bother you Wendy, and congrats on successfully relocating your blog!!

1. Love the new look – clean and easy to read. My google reader switched over just fine.

• Wendy on March 10, 2008 at 10:02

Woo Hoo, Laura 🙂 You are not bothering me, silly girl! Glad it switched over – I love when things work the way they should.

Suzi, Thanks for the positive feedback!

• Jeane on March 10, 2008 at 16:13

I like the new look of your site. Much easier to read. The header photo is really cute, too. Is that your puppy? I’m a lurker, but I’m going to visit more often now.

• Trish on March 10, 2008 at 20:16

I really like it! The format is a lot cleaner. I’m thinking about overhauling my look for a new one but ahhhh just takes so much time! I’d rather be blogging around everyone else’s site rather than mess with mine.

• Wendy on March 11, 2008 at 11:30

Jeane: Yes that is Miss Caribou when she was only 8 weeks old 🙂 She’s a lot bigger now at 10 YEARS old! Glad to see you’ll be visiting more often.

Trish: Thanks for the positive feedback. You are right that it takes a lot of time to switch…although this was made easier by having BlogHarbor do the migration for me!