January 1 – June 30, 2008
May 31, 2008 – CHALLENGE WRAP UP:
I completed this challenge tonight – I ended up reading two from my primary list and two from my alternate list. My favorite read of the challenge was a toss up between Nineteen Minutes and Lost and Found. The best part of this challenge is it got me to read books from my TBR pile which have been languishing there for awhile. I am planning to host this challenge again next year!
Since I’m hosting this challenge, I thought I’d better post my books. If you want to participate, go here to sign up.
My theme is: Books Set in New England
I’ve chosen four (4) books with four different New England settings: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts. And I have three alternates or extras.
1. The World Below, by Sue Miller (COMPLETED April 26, 2008; rated 3.5/5; read my review)
2. Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult (COMPLETED May 21, 2008; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
3. Halfway House, by Katherine Noel
4. In The Fall, by Jeffrey Lent
1. Before You Know Kindness, by Chris Bohjalian (COMPLETED May 31, 2008; rated 4/5; read my review)
2. Lost and Found, by Jacqueline Sheehan (COMPLETED April 21, 2008; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
3. Blaze, by Richard Bachman