The Read-A-Thon begins tomorrow morning 9:00AM PCT…and I decided I needed a plan. Since I recently did the 48 Hour Reading Challenge, I learned some things about these kinds of events. The first thing is that one should choose fast-paced or light reads, and some short books or stories. With the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon, there will also be mini-challenges throughout the event so that should keep things lively. At any rate, I’ve gathered up some reading materials and they are:
- Mr. Bones, by Paul Theroux – a short story from The New Yorker
- Springtime on Mars, by Susan Woodring – a collection of short stories
- Open Secrets, by Alice Munro – a collection of short stories
- The Brass Verdict, by Michael Connelly – a suspense thriller
- Down River, by John Hart – this year’s Edgar winner; a thriller
- The House at Midnight, by Lucie Whitehouse – my current read which I expect to finish during the Read-A-Thon
- The Island of Eternal Love, by Daina Chaviano – not sure about this one, but it is next in my stack TBR, so I may give it a go
I hope to participate in as many of the mini-challenges as I can. I’m not sure I’ll be staying up all night, however. But, I’ll try!
Dewey has a suggested template for blog posts which i plan to use:
- Title of book(s) read this hour
- Number of books read since you started
- Pages read since last post
- Running total of pages read since you started
- Amount of time spent reading since last post
- Running total of time spent reading since you started
- Mini-Challenge this hour
- Other participants visited
- Prize you’ve won
I have one, fabulous sponsor – Terri has graciously committed to donating $30 to Reading Is Fundamental – the charity designated for this event. Thank you, Terri!
If anyone else is interested in sponsoring me, please visit this post and use Mr. Linky to make your donation.
So, that’s my plan…subject to change, of course. Wish me luck, I think I’ll need it!