June 21, 2008 – September 21, 2008
UPDATE July 29, 2008: CHALLENGE COMPLETED.
I finished 4 ARCs and read part way through a 5th (but didn’t complete it) which means technically, I’ve finished this challenge. BUT, since the challenge actually runs through September 21st and I still have tons of ARCs on my shelf, I’m going to keep ticking off my reads for the challenge until it ends in September.
Teddy from So Many Precious Books So Little Time is hosting her FIRST reading challenge – and it’s a good one! The ARC Challenge is all about reading Advance Reader’s Copies (or Advance Reader’s Editions) of books.
Here are the rules:
1. Make a list of all of the ARC’s that you currently have and/or are on their way to you.
2. If you have:
- 1-3 ARC’s then pick at least one to read and review for this challenge.
- 4-6 ARC’s then pick at least two to read and review for this challenge.
- 7-9 ARC’s then pick at least three to read and review for this challenge.
- 10 or more Arc’s then pick at least 4 to read and review for this challenge.
3. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
4. List the books that you plan to read for this challenge (you can change it at any time, as long as the books you change are also ARCs). You can read the books on your list in any order.
5. Read the books and review them on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, you can post your review on sites like Amazon. Leave a comment on the post about the challenge with a link to each of your reviews.
SO, of course I’m joining…
Here is the list of my current ARCs and ones I am expecting to arrive before the challenge is through (bolded books are those I expect to read during the challenge period, although that may change):
- Comfort Food, by Kate Jacobs (COMPLETED June 25, 2008; rated 2/5; read my review)
- The House at Midnight, by Lucie Whitehouse (COMPLETED June 28, 2008; rated 3.5/5; read my review)
- The Island of Eternal Love, by Daina Chaviano (DNF; unrated; read my thoughts)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (COMPLETED July 31, 2008; rated 5/5; read my review)
- Leftovers, by Laura Weiss (COMPLETED July 31, 2008; rated 3/5; read my review)
- The Map Thief, by Heather Terrell (COMPLETED August 9, 2008; rated 4/5; read my review)
- Guernica, by Dave Boling (COMPLETED September 14, 2008; rated 5/5; read my review)
- The Glimmer Palace, by Beatrice Colin
- The 19th Wife, by David Ebershoff (COMPLETED July 28, 2008; rated 3.5/5; read my review)
- The Heretic’s Daughter, by Kathleen Kent (COMPLETED September 9, 2008; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
- Ships Without a Shore, by Anne R. Pierce, PhD (COMPLETED September 16, 2008; rated 4/5; read my review)
- House and Home, by Kathleen McCleary (COMPLETED September 6, 2008; rated 3.5/5; read my review)
- Black Wave, by John and Jean Silverwood
- Sarah’s Key, by Tatiana de Rostnay (COMPLETED September 2, 2008; rated 3.5/5; read my review)
- The Suspicions of Mr. Witcher, by Kate Summerscale
- Sweetsmoke, by David Fuller (COMPLETED August 20, 2008; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
- Rules for Saying Goodbye, by Katherine Taylor (COMPLETED August 4, 2008; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
- The White Mary, by Kira Salak (COMPLETED July 16, 2008; rated 4/5; read my review)