July 1 – December 31, 2008
UPDATE: August 31, 2008: I have completed this challenge (actually reading one more book than I needed to without realizing it!). My favorite book in this challenge was a toss up between The Poisonwood Bible, The Colour, and People of the Book. I rated all of them 5/5 and can highly recommend these novels. Thank you to Jan for hosting this fun challenge!
Jan is hosting A Well-Rounded Challenge which will help all challenge addicts get their challenge books read…How? By reading 1 book from 6 different challenges for which you’ve signed up.
Here are the rules as posted on the challenge blog:
- Any combination of challenges works.
- You must be signed up with the other challenges.
- You may listen to eAudio, cassette tapes or compact discs.
- You may read all six books from the same challenge.
- To be well-rounded however means stretching yourself to include as many challenges (and books) as you can fit into this six month time frame.
- You don’t have to blog or write a review (but you can if you want to).
- Even if a challenge begins after July you may use it for this challenge.
- Even if a challenge ends after 12/31/08 you may use it for this challenge.
My plan is to read one book from each of these challenges:
- Celebrate the Author – Hotel Du Lac, by Anita Brookner (COMPLETED July 22, 2008; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
- Every Day is a Holiday – Crossing the River, by Caryl Phillips (COMPLETED August 7, 2008; rated 4/5; read my review)
- 888 Challenge – People of the Book, by Geraldine Brooks (COMPLETED July 4, 2008; rated 5/5; read my review)
- Chick Lit – Love Walked In, by Marisa de los Santos (COMPLETED August 29, 2008; rated 4/5; read my review)
- TBR 2008 – The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver (COMPLETED July 12, 2008; rated 5/5; read my review)
- Orange Prize Project – The Colour, by Rose Tremain (COMPLETED August 25, 2008; rated 5/5; read my review)
- My Year of Living Dangerously – Leftovers, by Laura Weiss (COMPLETED July 31, 2008; rated 3/5; read my review)