BBAW WINNER in the Funniest/Most Humorous Category

…Drum roll please!

The category of Funniest/Most Humorous blog was extremely competitive. All the finalists brought their own unique sense of humor to their blogs – so, congratulations to all who were nominated:

But there can only be one winner, so without further ado…

Congratulations to the blog winner in the category of Funniest/Most Humorous:

RIP MY BODICE

Written by the very funny team of La Lola, Sheridan Sukura Carlotta, and Ma’ Mselle Mimi

Please step up to the podium, ladies, to accept your award, claim your button…and deliver your speeches!

• trish on September 17, 2008 at 14:21

Well congratulations to them! I don’t doubt that the funniest peeps won. 🙂

1. Congratulations!!!! Another well deserved award!

• Lezlie on September 17, 2008 at 16:29

Congratulations, Ladies!
    Lezlie

• Chris on September 17, 2008 at 17:20

Congrats to Rip My Bodice!

2. Lola, Sheridan and Mimi trooped onstage in their Oscar de la Renta gowns, shocked, elated, and a bit disbelieving, accompanied by Juan and Sven dressed in their tuxedo best (i.e bow tie, cummerbund and white thong.).

Lola and Sheridan airkissed Caribou’s mom while Mimi grabbed the button and started blowing kisses at Gerard Butler and George Clooney in the audience.

“Where’s that damn acceptance speech?” Lola asked Mimi urgently, as Mimi rustled through her ample cleavage looking for the piece of paper, before handing it over to Lola.

“Ahem, we are so honoured to stand here today, to accept the nomination for Funniest Blog on behalf of our party! This is truly the dawning of a new era for romance bloggers! And we stand here today, committed to serve you! We cannot walk alone! At this moment, we must pledge once more to march into the future…”

“Actually, we won!” Sheridan nudged Lola deep in her side. Sheridan hissed at Mimi, who was still mouthing “I love you” and “Call me Daniel!” to the latest Mr Bond. “Wrong speech Mimi!”

Lola grabbed the new speech and continued. “We want to thank our fans and everybody who voted for us. Sometimes our humor can be a little extreme/ off the wall, but we’re so glad that you love us! You really love us!”

“You promised no Sally Fields impressions!” groaned Sheridan in dismay.

*cue music as the still bickering Lola and Sheridan get hustled off the stage, with Mimi gliding obliviously behind, still doing the regal wave*

3. Congratulations! I think I might have to start reading this blog now 🙂

4. Thanks to everybody for their congratulations! A special toast must be made to all our fellow nominees. You guys are awesome! *Lola, Sheridan and Mimi raise their bellinis* Cheers!!

5. My acceptance speeches are so lame…:) Congrats!

6. Amy, thanks so much for organising this fabulous week. You rock! And please, stop by anytime for complimentary massages by our cabana boys. Magic fingers = Good times 4eva

• Kailana on September 18, 2008 at 04:29

Congratulations! Love the speech… 🙂

• Amber on September 18, 2008 at 07:19

That acceptance speech really puts a fine point on the award. Congratulations, ladies!

• Wendy on September 19, 2008 at 07:19

LOL – I love the speech…I think it is evident why you girls won this award. But, I agree – fierce competition!!

• Luna on October 12, 2011 at 19:24

I loved this blog, but it literally disappeared about a year ago. Anyone know what happened to the Rip My Bodice ladies?