5 Under 35 Award Challenge

Perpetual Challenge beginning October 1, 2008

Beginning in 2006, the National Book Foundation has recognized five young writers in its 5 Under 35 Program. The National Book Foundation writes:

These five writers have each been selected by a previous National Book Award Finalist or Winner as someone whose work is particularly promising and exciting and is among the best of a new generation of writers.

This challenge is designed as a perpetual challenge (no end date) to read the five books selected each year by the National Book Foundation in the 5 Under 35 Program. To see the lists of books chosen, follow the links below:

2006 Winners

2007 Winners

2008 Winners

Participants in the challenge should sign up by using the SIGN UP Mr. Linky below. Please provide the link DIRECTLY to your post about this challenge. This linky is for SIGN UPS only. If you do not have a blog, you can still sign up…either just put your name in Mr. Linky with no link OR leave a comment.

I will be providing  different posts with Mr. Linkys for links to reviews.

1. Kristi
2. Christagirl
3. Me (Caribousmom)
4. Judy (Intergalactic Bookworm)
5. Ashley

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

• Kailana on September 25, 2008 at 18:42

I haven’t heard of any of the winning books before!

• Wendy on September 28, 2008 at 07:47

I hadn’t heard of many of them either – I love finding new authors. Hope you’ll join the challenge, Kailana!

• Kristi on October 1, 2008 at 18:01

I also love finding new authors – can’t wait to start reading some of these! I also like the perpetual challenges.

• christagirl on October 2, 2008 at 08:38

I also like the perpetual challenge….no end date!! Looking forward to some intersting reading!

• Wendy on October 2, 2008 at 08:49

Kristi: Glad to see you joining in 🙂

Christa: I’ve decided that for the most part, I’m going to stick with only perpetual challenges from here on out! I think these books look fabulous!

• Sandra on November 10, 2008 at 10:14

I just wanted to say what an interesting challenge this is. I rarely read young writers, I’m old and want lots of years on my writer’s bones I guess. lol It happens that I did read the second books of two of the 2006 winners though. The Folded World by Amity Paige and The Invention of Everything Else by Samantha Hunt are both good books. I have a lot of reading challenges on the go so I won’t be joining but I’d love to come back and read any reviews from it.

• Wendy on November 10, 2008 at 21:01

Sandra: If you change your mind, you can always join the challenge later after you’ve finished some of your other challenges 🙂 I hope we get some reviews up soon!

1. I love perpetual challenges. No pressures! Hopefully I will find new authors here.

Judy/Intergalactic Bookworm

• Wendy on December 28, 2008 at 15:26

Judy: I love the perpetual challenges too 🙂 Welcome aboard!

• theodora on July 9, 2009 at 06:35

i don’t know much about this challenge but i’d loved to try. how do i become part of it.

• Wendy on July 11, 2009 at 06:49

Theodora: To join the challenge, just enter your name in Mr. Linky (above). You don’t need a blog to participate, but if you DO have a blog, include the URL for your blog on Mr. Linky. Otherwise, just put your name in…Come back and let us know when you’ve read a book and how you liked it. That’s it!!! Glad to have you join us!