This week we were challenged to catch up. Here’s how I did (based on my list I made at the beginning of the week):
1. Post new challenges and events to my blog A Novel Challenge – COMPLETED Sunday, September 21, 2008
2. Update my lists and post new reviews to my blog The Lists: Books for the Obsessive Reader– COMPLETED September 25, 2008
3. Update my to read plan through the end of the year (noting which books must be read for challenges and book discussion groups); determine which challenges I can actually expect to finish and opt out of those which are just not going to get done. – COMPLETED Monday, September 22, 2008 **SEE BELOW
4. Re-organize my TBR Mountain – COMPLETED Monday, September 22, 2008 (It took me two hours!!!)
5. Post an article (or two) to my new blog Women Writers – COMPLETED Friday, September 26, 2008. Read my articles posted here:
After reviewing all my challenges which end on December 31st of this year, it is evident that I will not complete the 2008 TBR Challenge OR the 888 Challenge. I’ve read only 3 out of 12 books on my TBR Challenge list and the rules state you cannot change your list (*note: I’ve dented my TBR mountain this year quite a bit, but not with the books I thought I was going to read). In the 888 challenge, I have the following to still read:
2 TBR books (in my stacks more than a year) **Will finish this category
4 Non fiction **Will finish this category
5 Notables **Will finish this category
0 Books around the World
I’m going to go ahead and leave both these challenges “open” just to see how much of a dent I make…
There are three challenges I might not finish, but I’m not ready to write them off yet: African Reading (I need to read 4 more books), 10 out of 100 Challenge (4 books to read before the end of October), and Russian Reading (I need to read 3 more books).
All the rest of my challenges are probably going to be completed. This includes: 2008 Decades (3 more decades to go), Celebrate the Author (4 books left), In Their Shoes (1 more book left), 2008 Mini challenge for A Novel Challenge Group (3 more to complete), Short Story Challenge (2 more collections), Year of Reading Dangerously (4 more books), 1% Well Read (4 books by the end of February), Notables (5 more books to read), Suspense-Thriller (1 more book by the end of December, then 6 books in 2009), Every Month is a Holiday (3 more books), and 100+ (26 books left).
To see my progress and links to reviews for all these challenges, visit my page for Reading Challenges.