Sponsored by group owner, Wendy (aka: ME!)
1. Complete all 12 mini-challenges from January 1st through December 31st of 2008. DO NOT start this challenge prior to January 1, 2008.
2. Challenges may be completed in any order and may overlap other challenge. Work through them at your own speed.
3. Participants must post their progress (and reviews if appropriate) to their blog with links to the group (or if they don’t have a blog, they should post directly to the group).
Here are the challenges:
1. Read a short story – review it.
2. Read a children’s book – review it.
3. Read a poem – tell us about it.
4. Read a banned book – review it.
5. Give a book away (donate to charity, give a book to a friend, leave a book “in the wild” to be found by another reader…as long as you don not sell it!) – post why you chose the book you did and where it went.
6. Read two (2) articles from any one magazine – tell us about them.
7. Read a classic (for this challenge a classic is defined as a piece of literature which has stood the test of time, has literary merit, is widely read, and was published prior to 1970) – review it.
8. Go to a book event and then tell the group about your experience (book events may be library events, author readings, seminars/lectures pertaining to books or reading, etc…)
9. Read an essay – tell us about it.
10. Read something inspirational – tell the group why it inspired you.
11. Read a book written by a “new to you” author – review it.
12. Participate in a group or buddy read and discussion (this can be either a face to face book club, an on line group, or a blog/buddy read). Tell the group what you read and with whom; give us a review.