The 24 Hour Read-A-Thon starts on October 18th and Dewey has challenged participants to raise money for the charity of their choice. I have chosen:
Triple Creek Ranch Inc is a non profit, charitable organization (ID # 34-1998921) which provides therapeutic horseback riding and Hippotherapy to children and adults with emotional, learning, behavioral and physical disabilities. TCRI is a member of the North American Riding for the Handicapped Association (NARHA) and as such follows the National standards for therapeutic riding programs and certifies all their instructors through NARHA. But, do you want to know the most amazing thing about TCRI? It is staffed 100% by VOLUNTEERS. Since its inception in the fall of 2004, TCRI has logged over 7500 volunteer hours!
**Photos are some of students from the 2008 classes – click on images to enlarge
TCRI helps bring smiles to the faces of its students – would you like to be a part of our team? Sign up below to sponsor me during the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon and donate to keep TCRI’s programs running!
- Donating a flat dollar amount.
- Donating a set amount of money per page I read during the Read-A-Thon.
- Donating a set amount of money per hour I participate in the Read-A-Thon.
- Posting something on your blog about Triple Creek Ranch with a link to TCRI’s website.
I would like to improve my “stats” from June…ideally participating for a total of 20 hours and reading at least 500 pages. To help you in choosing a way to sponsor me, here is how I fared in June:
- Number of books read: 2.5 plus 1 short story
- Total pages read in the challenge: 491
- Total amount of time spent reading in the challenge: 615 minutes (10.25 hours)
- Mini-Challenges completed: 11
- Total amount of time spent blogging: 310 minutes (5.2 hours)
- Time spent visiting other people’s blogs: 125 minutes (2.1 hours) and left 27 comments
- Down Time: 6.5 Hours (of this, 4.0 hours spent sleeping)
- Total Time spent on the Read-A-Thon (blogging, visiting, doing mini-challenges and reading) = 17.5 hours
Any money you donate should be contributed directly to TCRI through one of two ways:
- Use Paypal through the TCRI donation page
- Send a check directly to TCRI at PO Box 493369, Redding, CA 96049-3369 (make checks payable to Triple Creek Ranch Inc.)
To sponsor me and commit to this cause, please use Mr. Linky below to link DIRECTLY to your post about this program and your commitment. If you do not have a blog, you can simply type in your name and leave out the html code OR leave a comment on this post. I will MATCH any contributions up to at total of $100.
|1. Terri – teelgee