January 1 – December 31, 2009
Dewey was such a prolific reader and her reviews were honest, intriguing, and beautifully written. What better way to celebrate her wonderful life than by having a year long challenge in her name!
- Pick one book from each of the 6 years of which Dewey has archives. You can access her archives by clicking on the archive link in the sidebar of her website. It’s a dropdown menu. For instance, you would read one book that she reviewed in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 for a total of six books.
- The other option is to read 5 books that Dewey reviewed. These can be from any year.
I’ve chosen Option #2: “Read 5 books that Dewey reviewed. These can be from any year.” I’ll pick my five books from this list (follow the title links to read Dewey’s reviews):
- Persepolis, by Marjane Satrapi (COMPLETED December 27, 2009; rated 4/5; read my review)
- Persepolis 2, by Marjane Satrapi (COMPLETED December 28, 2009; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
- Digging to America, by Anne Tyler (COMPLETED December 31, 2009; rated 3.5/5; read my review)
- Chocolat, by Joanne Harris (COMPLETED February 26, 2009; rated 3.5/5; read my review)
- Matrimony, by Joshua Henkin (COMPLETED February 11, 2009; rated 3.5/5; read my review)