Many thanks to Jenn at Should Be Reading for nominating my blog A Novel Challenge as the MOST ORGANIZED. This was especially timely since I have been feeling pretty DISorganized of late! Jenn is one of the most thoughtful bloggers out there…
This award deals with values we deem important in others. So now it is up to me to decide on six values that are important to me, six things I don’t support, and nominate six bloggers.
Six Qualities I Value in Others:
- Generosity of Spirit
- Open Mindedness
Six Qualities I Find Hard To Tolerate in Others:
- Rigidity in Thought
Six Bloggers to Award:
Raych of Books I Done Read for her unparalleled humor. I adore her book reviews which are always well thought out and funny.
Natasha from Maw Books Blog for her generosity of spirit. I am still in awe of her Darfur fund drive earlier this year. She is one of those people who always seems to be giving to others – a truly generous spirit.
Eva from Evaberry for her creativity in photography. I have been reading Eva’s blog for a long, long time and I love her simple photos which capture nature and her animals with such skill. Looking at one of Eva’s photos is like reading an entire story in one big gulp.
Helen from Margaret and Helen for her honesty. You may not always agree with what this 80-something year old blogger has to say, but you can’t fault her honesty (and humor). I discovered this blog only a few months ago, and I admit that it makes me smile more times than not. (I also admire Helen’s tenacity to learn blogging – and also her ability to just crush ageism!).
Amy at My Friend Amy for her empathy. Amy just exudes empathy for others on her blog. I could have also awarded her for generosity of spirit. I love that she remains open to other people’s thoughts and differences and really tries to understand others.
S. Krishna at S. Krishna’s Books for her open mindedness. This blogger reads a wide variety of literature from all over the world and I can always count on her open and honest reviews. I love her thoughtful posts.
There are many other blogs I read regularly (over 300!) which I could give some of these awards to as well…many times I do not do these memes because I cannot bear to leave anyone out!
Thank you to Kailana of The Written Word (and one of the founders of the Blog Advent Tour) who awarded me the Christmas Spirit Award.
“Rules” for this award are:
- You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.
- The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.
- Link back to the person who gave you the award.
- List 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can’t limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space!
- Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It’s up to you! But keep the Christmas cheer going!
- Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment.
Here are the five things I love about Christmas:
- Music – I love to play all my Christmas CDs!
- Cookies – Every year I make my grandmother’s Swedish Christmas cookies…and I love to go visiting and try everyone else’s favorite cookies for the season.
- Pulling out all the Decorations – especially my Santa Collection
- Giving Gifts – I love buying presents for people!
- Sense of Community – I wish the sense of community we see at Christmas would continue year ’round.
- Cold, Winter Weather – I know we get this after Christmas…but something about snow at Christmas makes it extra special.
Here are the bloggers I’m awarding the Christmas Spirit Award to:
Trish at Ashley’s Journal – Here is a person who has the Christmas Spirit YEAR ‘ROUND. She is such an inspiration to me; and reminds me of what is truly important.
Kim at Daisy Cottage – Just look at her fabulous decorating and tell me she doesn’t have the Christmas spirit!!
AND OF COURSE, all the wonderful bloggers participating in the Blog Advent Tour this year. Please go read their posts and experience the joy of the season!