100+ Reading Challenge

January 1 – December 31, 2008

UPDATE DECEMBER 31, 2008 – CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!

Yes!!! I did it…I read 101 books in 2008, surpassing the magic number of 100 by ONE BOOK. This was a goal last year and I fell short by 5 books, but I was not to be denied this year. YAY! To see my list with links to reviews and ratings, visit this post.

**********************************

Okay, yes, I know I just wrote a post saying I was overwhelmed and would be eliminating some of my reading challenges. But this one isn’t really a new challenge – I had a goal in 2007 to read 100 books and missed it. I said to my bookie friends (you all remember this, right?) that I would be shooting to read 100 books in 2008. So this just makes it formal. The challenge is hosted by J.Kaye at this site. And there is a Yahoo group too (but I won’t be joining that because I truly am trying to cut down on all the groups I’m in – really!).

I’m keeping track of the books I read in this post.

• Anonymous on February 19, 2008 at 12:03

Can you hear me laughing all the way from Florida?
    LOL!

• Anonymous on February 19, 2008 at 12:34

No laughing allowed, Jill 🙂 You’ll really laugh when you know I am toying with the suspense-thriller challenge because I have about 30 of these types of books on my TBR mountain and it seems like a good way to read them. So far, I’m resisting…but for how long can I hold out?!?!? Oh, I am such a challenge addict…it is hopeless.

• Anonymous on February 20, 2008 at 14:24

I don’t how all of you do it! Good luck with the challenge (and who cares if you sign up for too many, right?? right??). Have fun!

• Anonymous on February 22, 2008 at 18:48

Well, I’m not so sure I’m being successful, Trish 🙂 But, I *am* having fun!

• Lezlie on December 31, 2008 at 16:57

Congratulations! And Happy New Year!!
    Lezlie

1. Congratulations on reaching your goal this year and good luck in the next one. 🙂

2. Congratulations Wendy! I never doubted.

3. Woo-hoo!

I finished at 101, too. #101 was a quickie, though. 😀

Happy New Year!

4. Congrats on finishing! Happy New Year!

5. Congratulations and Happy New Year! I read 80ish books last year, but I’m not woman enough to take on the 100+ challenge yet. I applaud you.

• Alyce on January 1, 2009 at 09:42

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! Happy New Year!

6. Congrats on finishing….you are my challenge hero!! Happy New Year, Wendy!

• Teddy on January 2, 2009 at 00:07

Congrat! What a great accomplishment!

• Wendy on January 4, 2009 at 09:49

Thank you Lezlie, WendyCat, Terri (glad you had such faith!), Softdrink (and congrats to you as well!), Kailana, LH (*laughs* at your comment of not being woman enough!), Alyce, Stephanie, and Teddy…and I wish you ALL the best in 2009. Having such wonderful reader friends to cheer me on made this challenge easier 🙂