August 1, 2008 – January 31, 2009
UPDATE: JANUARY 6, 2009 – CHALLENGE COMPLETED!
Many thanks to Ariel for hosting this fun challenge. I ended up reading a total of 9 books from 6 different authors. By far, my favorite authors from this challenge are Per Petterson, Kate Grenville, Rose Tremain, and Daphne du Maurier…all authors I will visit again in my reading!
Once again, Ariel from Sycorax Pine is hosting the Unread Authors Challenge. She’s using the same group blog for this challenge as the last one. I love widening my horizons and reading books by new-to-me authors, and so I decided to join part II of the challenge. Here are the rules:
- Read at least SIX books by an author whose work you have never read before.
- You may choose six different “unread” authors to introduce yourself to, or you may choose just one or two and explore their work in greater depth.
- Authors may be drawn from any genre of literature. The only requirement is that they be authors whose work you substantially regret not having read yet.
- Your choices may overlap with other challenges you have underway.
Here are the authors I read:
- Per Petterson (COMPLETED Out Stealing Horses January 6, 2009; rated 5/5; read my review)
- Pat Barker (COMPLETED the WWI Trilogy consisting of Regeneration, The Eye in the Door, and The Ghost Road – December 25, 2008. Click on the titles to read my reviews and see my ratings)
- Kate Grenville (COMPLETED The Secret River October 13, 2008; rated 5/5; read my review)
- Rose Tremain (COMPLETED The Colour August 25, 2008; rated 5/5; read my review; COMPLETED Music and Silence October 10, 2008; rated 5/5; read my review)
- Daphne Du Maurier (COMPLETED Rebecca November 7, 2008; rated 5/5; read my review)
- Alice Munro (COMPLETED The View From Castle Rock September 26, 2008; rated 4/5; read my review)