July 1, 2008 – June 30, 2009
UPDATE APRIL 8, 2009 – CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!!
Thanks very much to Kristi for hosting this fun challenge. I found out that I had quite a few books which met the requirements for this one. My favorite read was a tie between: The Mechanics of Falling (a collection of short stories), In Hovering Flight, and Out Stealing Horses…all of which were written by new-to-me authors.
Read at least 6 books that have any of these requirements:
- an animal in the title of the book
- an animal on the cover of the book
- an animal that plays a major role in the book
- a main character that is or turns into an animal (define that however you’d like)
Crossovers are okay and lists are not necessary and can be changed at any time. Here is what I read:
- Firmin, by Sam Savage (Completed December 28, 2008; rated 4/5; read my review)
- The White Tiger, by Aravind Adiga (Completed January 3, 2009; rated 4/5; read my review)
- After the Floods, by Bruce Henricksen (Completed January 18, 2009; rated 3.5/5; read my review)
- In Hovering Flight, by Joyce Hinnefeld (Completed February 7, 2009; rated 5/5; read my review)
- The Mechanics of Falling, by Catherine Brady (Completed March 30, 2009; rated 5/5; read my review)
- Buffalo Lockjaw, by Greg Ames (Completed April 6, 2009; rated 4/5; read my review)
- Out Stealing Horses, by Per Petterson (Completed January 6, 2009; rated 5/5; read my review)