Why…

…I am NOT doing the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon this weekend:

ears0100011

These days I treasure all the sleep I can get…but I will cheer on the participants (perhaps at 5:00 AM when a certain puppy gets up). If you are interested in participating in the Read-A-Thon, visit the dedicated blog and sign up!

This is what I hope to be doing while all of you are reading through the night:

exhausted0001

• Molly on April 15, 2009 at 07:45

Ah…that picture is adorable!

They look like such little angels when sleeping – and yet can act like the Tazmanian Devil when awake (or at least my 4 month old lab can)

Enjoy your sleep this weekend!

• Diane on April 15, 2009 at 08:00

Wendy, Raising a puppy seems more difficult than a new baby LOL. I guess that is why I am a cat person. But, seriously, I am sure this adorable Raven is worth all the lost sleep 🙂

1. That top picture especially is so cute!

• Anna on April 15, 2009 at 09:52

How adorable! I’m not able to participate in the Read-a-Thon either but due to my human child. Although, if I had a dog to keep her occupied (she wants one really bad) then maybe I could participate. lol

• Wendy on April 15, 2009 at 12:50

Molly: You have that exactly right *laughing* There are times Raven is so endearing and sweet…and other times I want to string her up by her ears!!

Diane: I’ve never raised a new baby, but I would venture to say that at least the first couple of months of a puppy are close (if not equal) to new baby! She is worth it – in 3-5 months I’m going to have a wonderful friend who will STOP chasing the cats and who will sleep undisturbed through an entire night *laughs*

Avisannschild: Can you see the devil glinting in those eyes? Or are they overshadowed by the immense ears!?!?

Anna: Oh, a dog would definitely keep her occupied…but together they might do more damage than good!

2. I don’t know, it seems more like a “how could you ever think I’d do anything wrong?” kinda look to me! She doesn’t look like a devil at all!

• Staci on April 15, 2009 at 16:30

How can you not love that face and those ears!!! We’ll miss you!

• EL Fay on April 15, 2009 at 17:57

Thank you for reminding me of the Read-A-Thon! I had completely forgotten.

Awwww, look at that wittle face!

• Laura on April 15, 2009 at 18:01

I definitely can understand why you are stitting this one out, but you will be missed! I’ve really been enjoying all the pictures of your cute puppy!

3. Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! The puppy dog eyes slay me! 🙂

• Wendy on April 16, 2009 at 12:06

Avisannschild: LOL! If you could see her in action you might change your opinion! She is always very “busy” … usually doing things she should not do (when she is out of my sight for more than 5 minutes I start worrying).

Staci: Thanks – I’m a little bummed I’ll miss this Read-A-Thon since I’ve participated in the last two and loved it. But I am not willing to part with my sleep right now! Maybe the next one (will it be in October?)

El Fay: You’re welcome… She has a captivating look, doesn’t she?

Laura: Thanks – glad you are enjoying the photos. I worry sometimes I might be boring my readers *laughs*

Amy: *smiles* She has really expressive eyebrows…she can melt my heart with one look!

• Carol B on April 16, 2009 at 13:46

Wendy – isn’t that the “Round-Hound” toy (one of the two) we sent to Bou and Argus for Christmas?! Sooo cute! Leah loves that Round-Hound toy. She puts her mouth in the middle and the top part is covering her eyes then she tries to walk around the room – too funny – typical lab behavior! 🙂

• Wendy on April 16, 2009 at 14:46

Carol: YES, that is the toy you sent at Christmas and Raven LOVES that toy (Bou loved it too!!). She loves to chew on the ears, and also holds it like you described Leah holding it 🙂 She frequently pounces on it and kills it!! And often I find her just like this … with her head resting on it while she sleeps!

• Lexi on April 16, 2009 at 17:38

I can’t WAIT!!! I hope I can stay up the whole 24 hours this time. Look forward to your cheerleading.

4. he must be running you ragged. I remember when my keeshond was a pup and used to drive me and Anna nuts when we lived together! LOL He’s still driving me nuts in his old age!

5. P.S. I just signed up for the 24-hour read-a-thon today! I must be out of my mind!

• Anna on April 17, 2009 at 09:24

I decided to go ahead and sign up after all. My daughter and I are going to do it together. She’s excited about staying up late, though I doubt I’ll let her do the whole 24 hours. I think it’ll be a good experience for us, and she could be up all night doing worse things. lol

• Wendy on April 17, 2009 at 17:03

Lexi: Good luck! I hope you make it the full 24 hours!!!

Serena: Oh she is definitely running me around..BUT last night she slept through the night!! WOO HOO!!
    Good luck with the Read-A-Thon…YOU CAN DO IT!

Anna: Good for you – and how fun to do it with your daughter…go, go, go, girls!!!