I have to admit…I’m exhausted tonight. I had a long day of work which was VERY stressful (I won’t go into detail, but suffice it to say there are times I hate working in the medical field). Because of this, I am pretty much DONE for tonight. I plan on getting up early and diving into my list and also the mini-challenges. See you then!
Total Amount of Time Spent on Event TO DATE: 2.0 hours
Total Mini Challenges Completed:
- Ruth from Bookish Ruth asked us to analyze our blog using this a website grader. My results were a score of 98.2 which according to HubSpot’s algorithm ‘has calculated that this site scores higher than 98.2% of them in terms of its marketing effectiveness‘ AND ‘www.caribousmom.com ranks 18,020 of the 1,038,724 websites that have been ranked so far.‘ I was pleasantly surprised! But there are some things I could do to score higher including adding a Meta Description to my blog title and submitting articles to digg.com which I will probably do.
- Lynn from Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile encouraged us to get our blog listed on one of the many, many social networking sites (she has listed a lot of them with links if you are interested!). I decided to get listed with BlogCatalog. It was free and easy to do!
How Am I Doing On My List? (partially complete highlighted in RED, completed are slashed out)
- Update and add to my THE LISTS pages (I’m moving lists from this site to here and will be closing that blog at the end of the year)
- Create Sunday Salon post for the 21st
- Create Mailbox Monday post for the 22nd
- Create Friday Finds post for the 26th
- Migrate Women Writers posts from that blog to this one (I will be closing my Women Writers blog by the end of the year since I seem to never post new content to it)
- Create 2 to 3 Women Writers NEW POSTS for a rainy day!
- Create a summer reading post.
- Create a Noteworthy News post.
- Clean up broken links on my blog – Thanks to Lesley from Lesley’s Book Nook who emailed with a Firefox Add-on called Link Evaluator, this part of my list got a whole lot easier. Thank you, Lesley!! Tonight I analyzed the following pages and fixed the broken links on them: Reviews, 2009 Reading Journal, The Lists (not individual lists, but the page where it lists the lists!)
- Organize my challenge lists.
- Update blog links in my right side bar.
- Catch up on reviews.