Saturday, June 20th @ 3:45 PM
Just checking in and letting you all know that I am still participating. I blogged for a couple of hours this morning, then was out doing the yard sales and library book sale in our town for a couple of hours. For the last 3.5 hours I’ve been very diligent…and I am ready to take a short break here! Below are my “stats” thus far!!
Total Amount of Time Spent on Event TO DATE: 7.5 hours
Total Mini Challenges Completed:
- Ruth from Bookish Ruth asked us to analyze our blog using this a website grader. My results were a score of 98.2 which according to HubSpot’s algorithm ‘has calculated that this site scores higher than 98.2% of them in terms of its marketing effectiveness‘ AND ‘www.caribousmom.com ranks 18,020 of the 1,038,724 websites that have been ranked so far.‘ I was pleasantly surprised! But there are some things I could do to score higher including adding a Meta Description to my blog title and submitting articles to digg.com which I will probably do.
- Lynn from Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile encouraged us to get our blog listed on one of the many, many social networking sites (she has listed a lot of them with links if you are interested!). I decided to get listed with BlogCatalog. It was free and easy to do!
- Jen at Devourer of Books asked us to spend some time updating old posts, fixing mistakes, and correctly bad links. We had to do at least 3 pages. I used a great tool from Firefox which allowed me to quickly identify bad links on each page. Unfortunately I learned a hard lesson while doing this – apparently each time I updated a post and used a new date for the post, it changed the link! So I had a TON of bad links for my 2008 reading journal. I’ve corrected them up through June (most of them are links to the challenge posts) which took me 3.5 hours!!! Yikes! BUT, I have also corrected all links on 3 other pages as well. This looks like it is going to be a long term project…but at least I’ve made a start.
How Am I Doing On My List? (partially complete highlighted in RED, completed are slashed out)
- Update and add to my THE LISTS pages (I’m moving lists from this site to here and will be closing that blog at the end of the year)
- Create Sunday Salon post for the 21st
- Wrote an acknowledgment post on A Novel Challenge blog for an award
- Respond to all comments left on my blog
- Create Mailbox Monday post for the 22nd
- Create Friday Finds post for the 26th
- Migrate Women Writers posts from that blog to this one (I will be closing my Women Writers blog by the end of the year since I seem to never post new content to it)
- Create 2 to 3 Women Writers NEW POSTS for a rainy day!
- Create a summer reading post.
- Create a Noteworthy News post.
- Clean up broken links on my blog – Thanks to Lesley from Lesley’s Book Nook who emailed with a Firefox Add-on called Link Evaluator, this part of my list got a whole lot easier. Thank you, Lesley!! Tonight I analyzed the following pages and fixed the broken links on them: Reviews, 2009 Reading Journal, The Lists (not individual lists, but the page where it lists the lists!), and up through June on my 2008 Reading Journal.
- Organize my challenge lists.
- Update blog links in my right side bar.
- Catch up on reviews – I posted a review of my latest read (Love Begins In Winter) to my blog and to Novels Now; and updated all my challenge links, links to other blogs, review page, and Library Thing for Love Begins in Winter AND for What The Dead Know.