Raven Update (and Argus too!)

It has been a little while since I have shared Raven photos with you. She is now just about 5 months old and weighs 36 pounds. Raven has a wonderful personality which seems to get sweeter each day. She is a comic – climbing into the shower with Kip, swinging her Jolly ball so hard it knocks her off balance, and doing 360 degree spins in front of the cats. She loves her puppy daycare – which she attends twice a week so I can work long days and not worry about her. She has made a couple of friends there: Gabby, a beagle puppy; Maggie Mae, a beagle mix puppy who is a year old; and Ollie, an adorable Border Collie who is about a month younger than Raven. Apparently they run their little brains out all day long because Raven is exhausted at the end of the day!

Argus and Raven continue to bond. Lately they have been falling asleep out in the backyard next to each other (spooning…it is so cute!), and they love to “parallel play.”

Here are the latest photos (click to enlarge):

Argus.HappyBoy

Argus – our happy boy

DogLove2009-06-18

Argus and Raven giving me some dog love

Raven.5months

Raven – Quite a handful now

RavenSmiling.5months

Raven – Dirty is Best

Raven.WetAndTired

Raven – Wet and Tired

• Kathy on June 21, 2009 at 16:38

Thanks for the update! Raven is just gorgeous and it looks like she’s starting to grow into her ears.

1. Wow! she’s grown so much! Glad to hear she and Argus are bonding. Love the pictures. Keep ’em coming 🙂

• Sheri on June 21, 2009 at 16:49

She’s getting so big! I love Raven updates!

2. I love the 3rd one especially. What a beautiful face she has!

• Lezlie on June 21, 2009 at 17:15

Kathy stole my comment! I also was going to comment on how beautifully she’s grown into her lovely ears. Great minds and all that. . . 🙂

Lezlie

3. Gorgeous! Raven looks so…adult! Love the photo of Raven and you

4. Thanks for the update, Wendy. Argus and Raven are so beautiful. I am glad Raven is doing so well. It sounds like she’s a perfect fit for your family.

• Sandra on June 21, 2009 at 19:13

Raven is so big for a puppy. I’m glad they’re getting along okay. Argus seems so calm by comparison. Bur Raven is a going to be a beauty. Lovely photos. Thank you.

5. Argus does have a beautiful “smile”

We’re thinking of putting our ‘Hunter’ into doggie daycare once a week – he loves going to the kennels when we go away and misses his doggie friends when he comes home

I am not sure that Raven can be carried by her ‘mummy’ for too much longer 🙂

• laura on June 22, 2009 at 03:41

Wow, Raven has really grown! She’s adorable. And I’m glad Argus is happy with his new friend.

• Wendy on June 22, 2009 at 06:28

Kathy: *laughs* Yes, the body is gradually catching up to the ears!

Suzi: Thanks for stopping in! I love sharing these 🙂

Sheri: Glad you enjoy them 🙂

Rhapsody: I like that one too – she was not terribly happy with me holding her like that…she is no longer the small pup I can carry around effortlessly!

Lezlie: *laughing*

Terri: Thanks – she is looking more like a dog vs. a puppy these days!

WendyCat: Yes, she really is…and now that she is a little more mature, Argus seems happier with her.

Sandra: Argus is VERY laid back. And Raven is a spitfire. But, opposites attract, they say!

Sally: Doggy daycare is such a great concept. It only costs me $20 a day and it is the best $20 I could spend for Raven. They really love seeing their buddies. You’re right about carrying Raven – that photo was quite a strain for me!!

Laura: Thanks! She recently went through a growth spurt and grew what seems like a few inches in height in about a week.

• Jeane on June 22, 2009 at 09:06

She’s gotten so big! Such a beautiful dog. Looks like Argus is helping her learn how to be well-behaved, too.

• Lori L on June 22, 2009 at 10:34

I love all the picture updates! LOL on the doggy day care and her friends wearing her out! I also had to laugh about Raven growing into her ears – she’s almost there! Raven and Argus are both good lookin’ dogs; thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

• Kristi on June 22, 2009 at 20:03

Wow she’s gotten big! The stories about doggy daycare are AWESOME! I never knew that existed (I obviously don’t have dogs and I can’t even imagine the disgusted look my cats would give me if I EVEN tried something like that with them ;o)). Now I want a German Shepherd…all your fault…books are one thing…but a DOG??!!

6. I love seeing these pictures! She looks much bigger than 36 lbs. Not heavy, just big! Argus looks like such a mellow dog. How old is he? He looks like he has a similar temperament as my Annie-Dog. Keep the pictures coming!

• Wendy on June 28, 2009 at 09:17

Jeane: Thank you! I don’t know how much Argus is teaching manners – he pretty much disregards them *laughing* But I do think she is learning some stuff from him…especially his acceptance of all people.

Lori: Doggy daycare is THE BEST thing!!!

Kristi: I absolutely love the German Shepherd breed – but they can really test you sometimes!!!

Les: I agree – I thought she would weigh a lot more…but although she is tall and long, she is a scrawny little thing!!! Argus is almost 10 years old. He is not all that mellow, although he sits nice for photos!

7. My goodness is she ever getting big! I keep thinking back to her baby pictures. lol. She is so beautiful! And Argus just looks like the sweetest dog ever.

• Wendy on July 3, 2009 at 09:38

Darlene: Thanks 🙂 Argus is the definition of sweet (and when it comes to Raven…patient!!). She is getting bigger all the time!

• Grampy and Mom on November 7, 2009 at 10:39

Hi Wendy,
    Grampy and I are over at one of his friend’s home on their computer!!! He is amazed at your blog! the photos of Raven and all the pets are great. Boy, has Raven grown since I last saw photos. She is beautiful.
    TTYL