I hosted this challenge – and completed it by the skin of my teeth!
Here is a summary of what I did:
Option 3: Read at least 6 books that share MORE than two themes.
My themes were:
1. Female authors
2. New to me authors
3. The plot has some sort of mystery which must be solved
4. A child or children play a central role in the book
Here is what I read:
- What the Dead Know, by Laura Lippman (Completed June 16, 2009; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
- The Good Thief, by Hannah Tinti (Completed July 29, 2009; rated 3/5; read my review)
- Finding Nouf, by Zoe Ferraris (Complete July 24, 2009; rated 4/5; read my review)
- In the Woods, by Tana French (Completed May 22, 2009; rated 4/5; read my review)
- Between Here and April, by Deborah Copaken Kogan (Completed July 20, 2009; rated 4/5; read my review)
- Last Night in Montreal, by Emily St. John Mandel (Completed June 1, 2009; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
Overall, these books were really good. My favorite reads were What The Dead Know and Last Night in Montreal. My least favorite read was The Good Thief.
A REMINDER TO ALL PARTICIPANTS:
- Please drop by and leave me a link to your wrap-up post HERE. I’ll be closing those links by the middle of August.
- If you have reviews of books you have not yet linked to Mr. Linky, I will be leaving up the links to the review posts (you can find them ON MY SIDEBAR) through the month of August, and then I’ll be closing those links.
Thanks to all who participated! I will be hosting the third installment of this challenge beginning February 2010…so watch for sign ups around then.