Raven at 7 Months and ALMOST…

7Months.042009-08-30 7Months.032009-08-30

…too big to pick up! (*click on photos to enjoy a larger view)

She hates when I pick her up – I think she feels a bit humiliated by the whole thing; or maybe it is just not being in control that annoys her. I haven’t weighed her in a couple of weeks, but I am guessing she is somewhere around 50 to 53 pounds now.

Any bets on whether I can get this same shot next month?!??!

• Kathy on September 1, 2009 at 07:23

I can tell by Raven’s ears and tail that she is so not enjoying that. On the other hand, my little princess loves to be carried.

• Anna on September 1, 2009 at 07:33

Boy is she growing fast!! She’s definitely not a lap dog. 😉

• Wendy on September 1, 2009 at 07:45

Kathy: Yup, the ears and tail definitely tell you all about her attitude!

Anna: *laughs* Definitely NOT a lap dog (although she does like to get up on the couch with me and cuddle every morning!)

1. she’s still gorgeous!!!!

• Meghan on September 1, 2009 at 08:09

Wow, she’s gotten so big! Still cute though!

• Terri on September 1, 2009 at 08:10

Oh she’s so beautiful! It would take more than 12 Liza’s to equal her! I’m impressed at your ability to lift her!

• Tui on September 1, 2009 at 08:18

Did someone just have a bath?

I should send you a pic of Arlen hoisting Cato up. Cato is almost resigned to it by now, I think. Same ear position though. Mouth sucked in?

2. What a gorgeous girl she is though!

3. You can *try* taking this picture again next month but you might put out your back. 😉 She’s such a big, beautiful girl!

• JoAnn on September 1, 2009 at 10:37

Well I didn’t expect to see you picking her up again after the last picture, so I’m amazed at this one! LOL!

• Molly on September 1, 2009 at 10:39

Oh my goodness — she has gotten so big! Where has the time gone?!

Thanks so much for sharing the photos. It made my day 🙂

4. She’s still as cute as a puppy!

• paula on September 1, 2009 at 12:37

Holy cow – she is HUGE!! Hee hee…..love the closeup pic of you both.

5. Aww… she’s adorable!

I’m guessing that next month’s picture will be her sitting on / by you!

6. SO CUTE – she is huge!

• Wendy on September 2, 2009 at 07:20

Suzi: Raven says “Thank you!”

Meghan: Yup…and she’s not done growing yet! Although to me she still looks small (my point of comparison is 85# Caribou!)

Terri: *laughs* AT LEAST 12 Lizas!!! It was a struggle to lift her!

Tui: *nods* They had both had baths just before the photos were taken (I’d rather pick up a wet dog than a filthy one!). I would LOVE to see Arlen hoisting Cato (and isn’t Cato just a tad bigger?)

Vivienne: Thank you 🙂

Kristen: *laughs* Yes, I think you might be right…we’ll see!

JoAnn: *laughs* I am sort of taking this as a challenge every month now…so many people keep doubting I can do it that I want to prove them wrong LOL!

Molly: Glad they gave you a smile 🙂 Time has really flown by fast!

Rhapsody: Yup – cute as a puppy, and wild too 🙂

Paula: Thanks, sis! She still seems smallish to me, until I look at the photos!

TexasRed: You may be right!

Swapna: *laughs* Huge seems to be the word of the day!!!

• Jeane on September 2, 2009 at 14:05

She’s so grown-up now! I have to look back through the older photos and smile. Maybe you can sit her next to you on a chair for the last few shots? Don’t hurt your back trying to pick her up again!

• Allie on September 3, 2009 at 09:20

She’s SO adorable!

• Teddy on September 4, 2009 at 21:04

Oh Mom, I don’t like this one bit. LOL!

• Wendy on September 9, 2009 at 10:27

Jeane: If she’ll sit still long enough…I MIGHT be able to get her in a sitting shot 🙂

Allie: She is a sweetie…thanks for stopping in!

Teddy: LOL – yup, that’s what she is thinking!