A Fun Meme

This one has been making the blog rounds as well as showing up on threads in Library Thing…thought I’d give it a go.

Using only books you have read this year (2009), answer these questions. Try not to repeat a book title. It’s a lot harder than you think!

Describe yourself: The White Tiger (Aravind Adiga)
How do you feel: Between Here and April (Deborah Copaken Kogan)
Describe where you currently live: In the Woods (Tana French)
If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Out Stealing Horses (Per Pettersen)
Your favorite form of transportation: In Hovering Flight (Joyce Hinnefeld)
Your best friend is: Matrimony (Joshua Henkin) – a ’round about way of saying Kip!
You and your friends are: Everyone Is Beautiful (Katherine Center)
What’s the weather like: Beach Trip Cathy Holton
You fear: The Mechanics of Falling (Catherine Brady)
What is the best advice you have to give: Chocolat (Joanne Harris)
Thought for the day: Love Begins in Winter (Simon Van Booy)
How I would like to die: Sea of Poppies (Amitav Ghosh)
My soul’s present condition: Best Intentions (Emily Listfield)

• Ceri on September 11, 2009 at 08:05

I really like your answers 🙂 I enjoyed doing this meme too.

• Staci on September 11, 2009 at 08:38

That is fun!! I might give this one a try!! 🙂

• Kathy on September 11, 2009 at 11:13

This is fun, but I suspect it’s much harder to pull together than it seems.

• JoAnn on September 11, 2009 at 13:12

Chocolat – always good advice…works for everything! LOL! I had fun doing this meme, too.

• Belle on September 11, 2009 at 14:40

Fun answers! Love Chocolat as the best advice – definitely works for me!

• Diane on September 11, 2009 at 18:22

Your book titles fit well Wendy. I enjoyed doing this one too! (I liked your answer to where you would like to go…Out Stealing Horses…LOL)

• Nicola on September 12, 2009 at 04:32

This is just one of the funnest memes ever. I love reading these! I love where you’d like to go … hope you don’t get caught!

1. Haha, this game is so fun ! I would really be grateful if I died in a Sea of Poppies, that would be a great death ! Here is mine : http://thenoisydaisy.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-life-according-to-books-i-read.html

• Jenners on September 14, 2009 at 16:55

This is a fun one! I’m going to attempt it sometime soon … but I’m not going to limit myself to just 2009 books — I’d never be able to do it (or would I? Maybe I should see).

• Wendy on September 15, 2009 at 05:33

Thanks for dropping by Ceri! I agree – fun meme!

Staci: I would love to read your answers!!

Kathy: It is definitely a bit challenging…it took me awhile to figure out the answers 🙂

JoAnn: *laughs!* I always go to chocolate whenever I need comforting 🙂

Diane: *laughing* Actually, I’m not really into stealing animals…but I love hanging out with them 🙂

Nicola: *laughs* Thanks…would you bail me out if I do get caught?!?!?

The Noisy Daisy: Absolutely…I have a feeling you wouldn’t even care about death in a sea of poppies!

Jenners: You would be surprised what you can do with just a few titles…try it first with just 2009 and see how you do!