Well, we are half way through the Read-A-Thon and it is time for the mid-event survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
The Cradle by Patrick Somerville
2. How many books have you read so far?
I started the day by finishing a book I started before the Read-A-Thon. Then I completed one other book and have started reading my next.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I don’t really have any particular book. I’m enjoying my current read, and I have a stack of great books to pick my next one when the time comes. I’m just going to see what I’m in the mood for.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really. My husband was at a class all day, so I had to keep the animals in mind…but mostly I had the day to do as I pleased.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Only those I’ve chosen myself. It has been really quiet here all day.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
This isn’t my first, so there are not too many surprises. Although I guess I am always surprised at how fast the time flies by (which is a good thing and a bad thing!).
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I love this event…and I don’t think there is anything you can do to improve it.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
This year I decided to post fewer updates…and that was a great decision. It has allowed me to spend more time reading and not feeling so rushed to get stuff done. I would do that again next time.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Um, yes! I just took a walk around the block and made myself a cup of caffeinated tea to give me a boost of energy.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
As I mentioned above, I think it works better to update every two hours rather than every hour. Also don’t try to do everything…it is nearly impossible to do it all…so pick and choose what is important to you. I also love keeping a spreadsheet of my hours/pages, etc… And lastly, take some breaks!