January 1 – December 31, 2010
Melissa at The Betty and Boo Chronicles is hosting The Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge for 2010. I have a few memoirs on my TBR pile, and so what better way than to motivate me to read them? The rules are pretty straight forward:
- Memoirs, letters, diaries, and autobiographies count as reads for this challenge. (Basically, if you think it is the stuff of memoir, it counts.)
- Overlaps with other challenges are allowed.
- Audiobooks and e-books are also allowed.
- Participants are encouraged to read at least 4 books
That’s it…easy, right?
I’ve started a list of possibilities and will update as I go:
- Keeping the Feast, by Paula Butturini – COMPLETED January 29, 2010; rated 5/5; read my review.
- Let’s Take the Long Way Home by Gail Caldwell – COMPLETED February 15, 2010; rated 5/5; read my review.
- Just Don’t Fall by Josh Sundquist – COMPLETED February 21, 2010; rated 4/5; read my review.
- Making Toast by Roger Rosenblatt – COMPLETED February 28, 2010; rated 4.5/5; read my review.
- The Blue Sweater by Jacqueline Novogratz – COMPLETED July 17, 2010; rated 5/5; read my review.
- Grace: A Child’s Intimate Journey Through Cancer and Recovery, by Grace Marchiano – COMPLETED September 16, 2010; rated 4/5; read my review.
- Hiroshima in the Morning, by Rahna Reiko Rizzuto – COMPLETED October 5, 2010; rated 5/5; read my review.