January 1 – December 31, 2010
Booklover Book Reviews is hosting the Aussie Author Challenge. I almost skipped past this one, but then I realized I actually had quite a few books on my TBR pile which would meet the requirements for the challenge. Readers can choose one of two levels of participation and I’m going for:
TOURIST – Read and review 3 books by 3 different Australian authors.
Reviews of books read for the challenge by ALL participants can be found all in one place here on Booklover Book Reviews.
I’ve started a list of possibilities below which I’ll update as I move forward:
- The Arrival, by Shaun Tan – COMPLETED March 14, 2010; rated 5/5; read my review.
- The True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey
- The Transit of Venus by Shirley Hazzard
- Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
- The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith by Thomas Keneally
- Dirt Music by Tim Winton
- The Sound of One Hand Clapping by Richard Flannagan
- The Idea of Perfection by Kate Grenville
- The White Earth by Andrew MacGahan
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts