February 14 – August 14, 2010
I am once again hosting the Themed Reading Challenge for 2010. This is a six month challenge designed to help readers clear books from their to-be-read stacks which center around a common theme or themes. The “rules” have changed just a bit from last year. Here they are:
- Readers may join at ANY TIME between now and August 14th.
- Books should be chosen from the reader’s TBR pile (this may be an actual physical pile or a virtual pile).
- The goal is to read AT LEAST 5 books linked by theme.
- Overlaps with other challenges are allowed.
- Readers may change their list of books OR their theme(s) at any time.
Readers may choose from three different levels of participation:
- Read at least 5 books which share the same theme.
- Read at least 5 books which share TWO themes.
- Read at least 5 books which share MORE THAN TWO themes.
Themes can be geographic, genre, author, subject matter, or anything in between! Last year’s themes were wonderfully creative and varied…check out the sign up links from 2009 to see all the different themes which readers chose.
To sign up:
Please use Mr. Linky below to link DIRECTLY TO YOUR POST about the challenge which should include your theme (or themes) and preliminary list of books (which you may change at any time). Please DO NOT link to the main page of your blog. As I did last year, I will provide a Mr. Linky for you to link to your reviews for…as well as for your wrap up posts. IF you do not have a blog, you may still participate…please just leave me a comment on this post indicating the level of participation you have chosen. If you want to share your thoughts about the books you read (and don’t have a blog), you may leave a comment on the reviews post.
2. Mel u-The Reading Life (Flaubert and Friends)
4. JLS Hall (Joy’s Blog)
5. Teddy (So Many Precious Books)
7. Christina-Randomness and Reading
8. kim in ohio
|12. Student of Lore
13. abby – my little feats
16. J.G. (Hotchpot Cafe)
18. KiraV (Kiki’s Closets)
19. Tracey (A Book Sanctuary)
20. Kelly (Reading Daydreams & Nightmares)
21. Kristen (BookNAround)