Reading for a Cure is a year long project hosted here, on Caribousmom, to raise awareness of childhood cancer AND to raise money to help find a cure for this devastating disease. It is not too late to get involved…and just to sweeten the pot, I am hosting a HUGE month-long giveaway event on my blog in March for those participating in the challenge, sponsoring another reader, OR those who make a donation to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation in March. You can read more about the challenge on this post.
You can participate JUST IN MARCH if you’d like to. Or you can retroactively participate by counting the books you’ve read in January or February. It is totally up to you.
Remember – you can choose your level of donation (as little or as much as you want)…there is no amount that is not completely appreciated.
So, what is happening here in March?
Book giveaways, and lots of them…here is the list SO FAR (I hope to be adding MORE books to this list before March 1st and will update you as that happens):
- The entire Patrick Taylor series from Forge including An Irish Country Doctor, An Irish Country Village, An Irish Country Christmas AND (recently released in January) An Irish Country Girl
- TWO hardcover copies of JUST DON’T FALL: How I Grew Up, Conquered Illness, and Made It Down the Mountain, by Josh Sundquist (who will also be providing us with a fantastic guest Vlog on March 1st). This book was published in February through Viking.
- A surprise giveaway sometime between March 4th and March 11th which I promise you, you will not want to miss (so be sure to sign up for Reading for a Cure as either a participant or sponsor by March 4th…or make a donation to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation). All I will tell you is that this one comes from Harper Collins and there will be lots of buzz and reviews of this book. Don’t miss out on a chance to win it!
Who is eligible to win books?
- READ THIS CLARIFICATION (update as of March 9th)
- EVERYONE who signs up for Reading for a Cure
- EVERYONE who sponsors a participant in Reading for a Cure (this includes family, friends, co-workers…anyone who wants to support your efforts by sponsoring your reading…this can be just in March, or the whole year). If you want to be a sponsor, check out the participants on the sign up page, or if you want to sponsor me…just leave me a comment on that post with your commitment and I’ll add you to the official list of sponsors (I hope to read 10 books in March).
- EVERYONE who makes a donation to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation between March 1st and March 31st. Simply go to the sign up page for Reading for a Cure and leave me a comment after you’ve donated…I will create a list of people on that post who simply wanted to make a donation to the cause without joining the challenge. PLEASE make sure you scroll down and select the Reading for a Cure button when you make a donation to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation.
To enter ALL giveaways:
- Sign up for the challenge on the sign up post. ANYONE can join (you do NOT need a blog). Bloggers should enter their information on Mr. Linky; Non bloggers should leave a comment and I will add them to the running list of non blogging participants.
- Sponsor someone participating in the challenge. Those people who are sponsoring participants should leave a comment on the sign up post (or the participant can simply leave me a comment and list the people who are sponsoring them). I will start a list of “sponsors” over there.
- Make a donation of ANY amount in the month of March to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation (using the button on their site for Reading for a Cure) – then make sure you leave me a comment on the sign up post telling me you donated.
YOU MUST HAVE YOUR NAME SOMEWHERE ON THE SIGN UP POST TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY GIVEAWAYS.
Want an extra chance to win?
After signing up (as either a participant or sponsor) OR after making a donation to PCF, Tweet about this event and then come back here (to this post) and let me know you did it.
I will be drawing names randomly EVERY WEEK IN MARCH here on Caribousmom (and giving you information about the books being given away), so make sure you check in to see if you’ve won (better yet, subscribe to my feed). If I have an email address for you, I will email you…otherwise, I will just be announcing your name here and you must contact me at caribousmom (at) gmail (dot) com with your mailing information.
I hope you will consider joining us in March … let’s help CURE CHILDHOOD CANCER!
I’ll leave you with one of Carrie Underwood’s new songs from her latest album. Change is a song about how the little things we do can change the world…I think it represents well what I’m trying to do with Reading for a Cure.