I am late joining this one, but I finally caved in. Jill at Fizzy Thoughts is hosting this challenge centered around the upcoming BEA in NYC in May.
- Between February 1st and May 15th, read 1 (one) book set in New York City and post your review.
- The book can be non-fiction or fiction, poetry or prose, graphic novel or audio book…whatever floats your boat. It can even be a guidebook. It just has to have New York City as its primary setting. And no fair using a book you’ve already read.
- Jill will create a separate post with a Mr Linky for everyone to post their reviews. Look for that soon.
- Each month there will also post a sort of mini-challenge asking people to write a post about New York. You do not have to participate in any of these.
I may or may not participate in the mini-challenges…but I like the idea of all these books being read with a common geographic setting!
- Let the Great World Spin, by Colum McCann (COMPLETED April 30, 2010; rated 4.5/5; read my review)
- Brooklyn, by Colm Toibin (COMPLETED May 8, 2010; rated 3.5/5; read my review)