I love when another blogger recognizes my blog for an award, but I am sad to say I am really bad sometimes about posting my thank yous (my mother would be appalled!). Here’s what came my way lately in the form of blogger awards:
The Happy Award came to me from Home Girl’s Book Blog who is the new owner of J. Kaye’s blog. Have you been over to visit her lately? She is fantastic – terrific reviews, wonderful writing, and a good sense of humor. Although I miss J. Kaye, I am SO HAPPY to have Home Girl filling my Reader these days with her awesome posts!
The Crowded Leaf also awarded me The Happy Award (wow, I had no idea I made so many people happy!). Have you been to visit Alayne’s blog yet? She reads and reviews some great books and her blog is warm and friendly. I recommend you stopping in…and tell her I sent you!
This award asks that we list ten things which make us happy. Here are mine:
- My wonderful, wonderful spouse whose thoughtfulness and quiet presence in my life not only makes me happy, but keeps me grounded.
- My animals – Raven, Maia and Gizmo. They keep me smiling and give me unconditional love.
- My stacks upon stacks of books – I love them.
- A warm, spring day with the flowers in bloom and the snow capped mountains in the distance.
- A walk in the woods – preferably with my husband and Raven.
- Sleeping in on the weekends.
- Discovering new places.
- Cooking – especially when I have the time to play, experiment and try something new.
- My new closet – now everything has a place and I am SO happy to be able to find things in there now.
- Blogging – yup, it still makes me happy!
One Lovely Blog Award came to me from Too Many Books, Too Little Time who made me blush with her very kind comments about my blog! I have discovered she and I share many similarities, including the books we like (and don’t like!). If you haven’t already discovered this terrific blogger, make sure you pop over there and give her a read…I think you’ll find, as I did, that she’ll add something special to your blog reading!
The I Like and I Don’t Like Meme
Lisa from Books on the Brain tagged me for this fun meme. The Rules: Fill in the blanks after each bold word and tag 3 friends. Easy peasy….
I like going to bed on clean sheets.
I like starting a new book.
I like sitting in front of the woodstove on a cold day.
I like a hot shower.
I like an unexpected day off of work.
I like learning a new craft.
I like when books arrive at my house.
I like seeing the tulips poke their heads through the soil.
I like walks in the woods.
I like taking photos.
I like cooking something new.
I like hanging out in my sweats all day.
I love being married to my soulmate.
Today was a lazy day.
I hate pettiness.
I hate gossip.
I hate commercials on television.
I hate paying bills.
I hate olives.
I hate dishonesty.
I hate intolerance.
I hate irresponsibility.
I (secretly) like spending time all alone.
I love the potential in life.