April 1 – November 30, 2010
The goal: Read 8 books from around the world (This year Bethany is allowing all the books to be from the same country and by the same author if you’d like)
Books must be country of origin of the author, or the country he/she lives in (not where the book is set).
Reviews of books read can be found by clicking in the sidebar of the Orbis Terrarum blog for the different countries.
I’m not making a list ahead of time…but will add them as I go:
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson (SWEDEN) – completed April 16, 2010; rated 3.5/5; read my review.
- Therese Raquin, by Emile Zola (FRANCE) – completed April 18, 2010; rated 4/5; read my review.
- Little Bee, by Chris Cleave (ENGLAND) – completed April 25, 2010; rated 4/5; read my review.
- Brooklyn, by Colm Toibin (IRELAND) – completed May 8, 2010; rated 3.5/5; read my review.
- Everything is Broken, by Emma Larkin (THAILAND) – completed June 4, 2010; rated 5/5; read my review.
- Beside the Sea, by Veronique Olmi (FRANCE) – completed June 14, 2010; rated 4/5; read my review.
- I Curse the River of Time, by Per Petterson (NORWAY) – completed July 2, 2010; rated 3/5; read my review.
- Cutting for Stone, by Abraham Verghese (ETHIOPIA) – completed August 7, 2010; rated 5/5; read my review.
- Earth and Ashes, by Atiq Rahimi (AFGHANISTAN) – completed August 18, 2010; rated 4.5/5; read my review.