The months are rushing past and we are already at the end of the first quarter for Reading for a Cure. I thought it would be fun to give you quarterly updates on how this project is going. When I started Reading for a Cure, I had no idea how many people would be interested in participating and I did not have any real expectations of how much money it could raise to help find a cure for childhood cancer. I am thrilled with the participation and interest so far!
Here is how we’re doing by the numbers:
- Number of participants: 13
- Number of sponsors: 3
- Number of one-time donors: 2
- Total amount of money donated so far to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation through this project: $276.35
REMEMBER: If you are participating and choose to donate to another similar organization, let me know so I can include you in the total raised to help fight pediatric cancer. If you are donating to PCF, please use the button on their donation site for Reading for a Cure so we can keep track of how much money is raised through this project.
You might remember that I have committed to match funds up to $200. Looks like I will be donating an extra $200 to the cause thanks to the generosity of all those involved!
Reading for a Cure is a YEAR-LONG project. It is not too late to join us! Choose to participate as much or as little as you would like to:
- become a participating reader
- sponsor someone who is participating, or
- make a one-time donation to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation through this project.