Jennie Nash’s latest novel, The Threadbare Heart, was inspired by her mother. The novel is a mother-daughter story which shows the damage done by jealousy and tension. In Nash’s engaging novel, Lily and Eleanor’s relationship is healed by an old piece of lace which bridges their misunderstandings.
Jennie Nash is hosting this Mother’s Day contest open to U.S. participants ONLY.
- ONE winner at each participating blog will receive a signed edition of The Threadbare Heart, and be entered into the Grand Prize drawing. To see which blogs are participating, visit Jennie Nash’s website and scroll down the left hand column.
- ONE person will win the Grand Prize (chosen on May 16th) which consists of a “Book Club in a Box”: TEN signed copies of The Threadbare Heart, a call-in from the author to your book club, and a delicious rum cake (you need to read the book to understand the significance of the rum cake!)
How to Enter:
- Send me a 250-word entry about your favorite mother-daughter relationship in literature or film. Which pair made you laugh? Made you cry? Made you cringe? Which pair revealed something true about your own mother-daughter relationships? Entries should be sent to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: MOTHER’S DAY CONTEST on your entry.
- Please make sure that your entry includes a correct email address so I can notify you if you win. Please set your spam protection to allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must be received no later than Saturday, May 8th by 3:00 PM (PST)
- I will choose ONE winner (based on how the entry impacted me emotionally) on Mother’s Day, May 9th. That person’s entry will be sent to Jennie Nash and be in the running for the Grand Prize. That person will also win a signed edition of The Threadbare Heart.
- PLEASE be aware, you must choose only ONE participating blog on which to enter your essay. Multiple entries on multiple blogs will be disqualified (so pick me, pick me!!!)
- Jennie Nash will choose the Grand Prize winner, and announce who that is on May 16th.
Please leave me a comment on this post if you have any questions or need clarification.