The Singer’s Gun by Emily St. John Mandel
Unbridled Books (May 2010)
Thanks to the generosity of Unbridled Books, I have not only a beautiful finished copy of The Singer’s Gun, but also an unread Advanced Reader’s Edition. I have decided to give away my ARC to one lucky winner.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
The Singer’s Gun is a literary mystery which I very much enjoyed (read my review).
From the publisher’s website:
Emily St. John Mandel follows up her electric debut with a spellbinding novel of international crime, false identities, the depths and limits of family ties, and the often confusing bonds of love. Taut with suspense, beautifully imagined, full of unexpected corners, desperate choices, betrayals and half truths with deadly consequences, The Singer’s Gun explores the dangerous territory between one’s moral compass and the heart’s desire.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Emily St. John Mandel was born on the west coast of British Columbia, Canada, in 1979. She studied dance at The School of Toronto Dance Theatre and lived briefly in Montreal before relocating to New York. She lives in Brooklyn.
Her debut novel Last Night in Montreal was published to great success (read my review). The Singer’s Gun is Mandel’s second published novel. To learn more about Mandel and her work, visit the author’s website.
HOW TO WIN A COPY OF THE SINGER’S GUN:
- Because I have committed to being an Angel for Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-A-Thon and will soon be shipping two books internationally, I regret that I need to restrict THIS giveaway to U.S. addresses ONLY.
- Contest is open until 5:00 pm PST on May 14, 2010.
- To get ONE chance to win my unread ARC of The Singer’s Gun, simply leave me a comment on this post.
- To get TEN chances to win, make a donation in ANY AMOUNT to Relay for Life through my sister’s page (all donations go directly to the American Cancer Society to help in the battle against cancer) and then leave me a comment telling me you did it (if you have already made a donation to this event because of my post a week ago, just let me know you did it and you get 10 entries in the giveaway). To understand why this is so important to me, visit my post about my sister and her recent battle with colon cancer.
- I will chose a winner using Random.org on by May 15th and announce it here on my blog; I will also email the winner at that time.