New York – May 23, 2010

Yesterday was a fun-filled day of walking, sight-seeing, and general socializing!

I thought I would share some photos of what we saw. Click on any photo to enjoy a larger view.

Battery Park:

The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island:

The Brooklyn Bridge and Brooklyn:

The Empire State Building:

Ground Zero:

After all that walking, we DID find some time to just sit down and relax:

1. Glad to see you’re having fun. Enjoy BEA!

2. You packed all that into one day?! I am impressed. Enjoy … see you on Friday at the Con!

3. It looks like you are having a great time! Enjoy your time there, and bring back lots of stories!!

4. You take such excellent photos! Thanks for sharing.

• Staci on May 24, 2010 at 11:52

Loving the photos…thanks for sharing and please continue!

• EL Fay on May 24, 2010 at 13:25

I went to Ellis Island in sixth grade, which would have been 96-97. I still have the postcard I got of the panoramic view of the Statue of Liberty and the surrounding skyline, complete with the Twin Towers.

• Les in NE on May 24, 2010 at 19:08

Great pix! Looks like you’re having fun. My daughter and I walked from the Gugenheim Museum all the way to Battery Park once when we were in NYC. Needless to say we took a cab back to our hotel (the Peninsula)!

5. Looks like you are having a great time. My mother and my daughter were in NY for the weekend, coming home today. Did you see them? 🙂

• Wendy on May 31, 2010 at 08:04

Stephanie: We had such a great time!

Melissa: I have no idea how we fit so much into one day – just pure adrenaline perhaps!

Zibilee: I feel like I could keep on posting posts about this trip for the next month – but I am afraid you would all get incredibly bored by my accolades!

L Clare: Thank you! I love playing with my camera!

Staci: You are so welcome – I’m happy to share!

El Fay: It is a pretty incredible view, isn’t it?

Les: The walking in NYC is exhausting! I found that my poor knees and feet really suffered (despite having great walking sneakers on) because of the concrete surfaces. Kip and I got pretty good with the subway while we were there!

Elizabeth: LOL – out of the literally thousands of people, sorry to say we didn’t run into your mother and daughter!!!

• Serena on June 3, 2010 at 06:40

where did you have a seat?

• Wendy on June 3, 2010 at 07:23

Serena: LOL – we hardly sat down at all!!