Wow. Fifty years. Half a Century.
I woke up this morning, looked at myself in the mirror and thought “So this is what 50 looks like.”
Hard to believe…but its true!
So what would a birthday be without presents? In celebration of half a century of living, I’ve decided to give away five books – one for each decade of my life.
This is an international give…but it has a few rules if you want to be included!
First, let’s look at the books I have up for grabs (there are six listed, but only five will be given away):
*clicking on the book title below will take you to a description and more information about the book
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (brand new trade paperback from Picador – release date September 2010)
- Love Begins in Winter by Simon Van Booy (brand new trade paperback)
- One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakarumi (Unread Advance Readers Edition)
- Still Missing by Chevy Stevens (Unread Advance Readers Edition)
- Gemma by Meg Tilly (brand new trade paperback)
- Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson (audiobook – can only be played on an MP3 compatible CD player)
ENTER TO WIN
Make sure you follow the rules to have your entry count!
1. For ONE ENTRY – Leave me a comment on this post with the following information:
- Your preferred books (from the list above)…tell me which books you would pick in order most preferred to least preferred; AND tell me your favorite birthday memory OR if you are 50 years or older, what do you like best about being 50 or older
2. Want five extra chances to win? Then give me the best birthday present you could give me by helping to find a cure for cancer by doing ONE of the following …then leave me a second comment telling me what you did:
- Join my project Reading for a Cure (if you have already joined the project, just leave me a comment letting me know)
- Make a donation to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation (using the Reading for a Cure button on their donation site).
- Make a donation to ANY organization which is helping to find a cure for cancer of any kind.
3. Contest is open through August 27th (Friday) at 5:00 PM PST to EVERYONE (no geographical restrictions)
4. I will draw FIVE winners on the 28th – one winner I will pick purely based on the BEST answer to the question of your favorite birthday memory or what you like best about being 50 or older (so make them good!). The other four will be random picks from Random.org
What are you waiting for? Celebrate my birthday with me by entering the contest!!