Did you know that October is National Adopt-A-Dog month? Did you know that 25-30% of dogs for adoption in animal shelters are purebred? And the rest are lovable, mixed-breed pets, just waiting for a chance to find a forever home? Not only can you adopt a pet from your local shelter, but there are many rescue organizations which place dogs in appropriate homes. Years ago, I used to foster dogs for German Shepherd Rescue of Northern California and had my life enriched by the wonderful dogs I took into my home.
The amazing people over at Hachette are helping to bring attention to National Adopt-A-Dog month by offering a fantastic package of books for giveaway:
- Katie Up and Down the Hall By Glenn Plaskin
- Oogy By Larry Levin
- GoD and DoG By Wendy Francisco
- Dog Tags By David Rosenfelt
- How to Be Your Dog’s Best Friend By The Monks of New Skete
I am thrilled to be able to support animal adoption by offering this giveaway through Caribousmom.
ENTER TO WIN:
- Contest open from October 1 – October 10, 2010 for those with U.S. or Canada mailing addresses (no PO boxes, please)
- By 5:00 pm EST on October 10th, leave a comment and tell me an animal story which will warm my heart.
- On October 11th I am going to choose FIVE random entries using Random.Org…and out of those five, I’m going to chose ONE lucky winner whose comment touches my heart the most. I’ll announce the winner here on my blog and also send an email to the lucky person.