Over the last several weeks there has been a treasure hunt in the book blog world. Beth Kephart, author of the wonderful novel You Are My Only (read my review) has been posting guest posts about the making of this book. Bloggers were tasked with finding those five entries and then posting them collectively on their own blog. Finding all five entries makes one eligible to be entered in a drawing.
Beth describes it as follows:
Two winners will be selected. Each will win these two things: A signed copy of You Are My Only AND a critique (by yours truly) of the first 2,000 words of a work-in-progress. As many of you know, I teach memoir at the University of Pennsylvania and served as the inaugural readergirlz author in residence. I have written in multiple genres and critique adult fiction for major U.S. newspapers. Your manuscript can, I am hinting, be in any genre, save for a screenplay, about which I have absolutely zero expertise.
Of course, I decided to play along! Here are the five posts with links to where you can find them:
- The Furious Metamorphosis of Sophie posted on September 9th at Mundie Moms
- Opening the Doors to Cloris and Helen posted on September 21st at My Friend Amy
- When Emmy Called, I Listened posted on October 10th at The Story Siren
- What Name Should We Give This Book? posted on October 11th at Chick Loves Lit
- I Was Obsessed With An Asylum posted on October 11th at Bookalicious
I hope you’ll visit these terrific posts to get an inside look at the creative process of one of the most talented writers out there!