A Little Bit About Me (or…More Than You Wanted to Know)

Me at 3 Years Old

Thanks to Leah at Amused By Books who shared this meme.

Age: 51
Bed Size: Queen
Chore that you hate: Dusting and cleaning the bathroom – ugh.
Dogs: Are you kidding me? Of course! My current dog is the rascal Raven – almost 3 years old and full of the devil!
Essential start to your day: Coffee
Favorite colors: Orange, Purple and Turquoise
Gold or Silver: Silver
Height: 5’8″
Instruments you play: Piano (badly)
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Kids: Sadly, no.
Live: Northern California in the mountains (Shasta County)
Mother-in-Law’s name: Kathleen
Nicknames: Wenchie
Overnight hospital stays: My freshman year of college found me hospitalized for the complications of Mononucleosis
Pet Peeves: People who don’t do their jobs and get annoyed when you expect them to; and slow drivers.
Quote from a movie: “In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.” (Calo from The Godfather)
Right or Left handed: Right
Siblings: Youngest of three girls
Time you wake up: Varies. Raven and the cats start bugging me to get up around 7:00 am – but if I can, I sleep until 8:00
Underwear: Um, yes.
Vegetable you hate: Are olives vegetables? If so – Olives.
What makes you run late: Distracted by email, FB, blogs…really, almost everything.
X-Rays you’ve had: Dental, Chest, Knee, Spine…I think that’s it (that’s enough).
Yummy food that you make: Shepherd’s Pie. Yum.
Zoo animal: Giraffes

1. Oh my, olives are one of my favorites. There’s got to be a great story behind Wenchie.

• Laura on October 28, 2011 at 16:25

This was fun to read! And no surprise, I see several similarities. I hate olives! But I get up earlier than you do 🙂

2. Well, I’m happy to learn some things about you — that you used to be three years old (cute photo), that you play the piano (even if badly), that you … WAIT, you hate olives? How can we possibly remain friends? On the other hand, I guess your pet peeves make up for it: “People who don’t do their jobs and get annoyed when you expect them to; and slow drivers.”

3. Dusting is like laundry…it never ends…as soon as you think you’re finished, the dust has settled again where you just finished dusting…yeesh. 😉

4. No olives? How do you survive Thanksgiving? 😉 I enjoyed reading this – and I may borrow it on a slow blogging day.

• Sand on October 28, 2011 at 20:58

Wenchie???

5. Oh I like this! BUT you DO have kids! I’ve always counted our two pups as kids. :O)

• Kailana on October 29, 2011 at 05:35

Reading the answers to this has been fun! I said in mine I didn’t have any x-rays, but I got to thinking and I have. Oh, well, wasn’t thinking about them at the time!

• zibilee on October 29, 2011 at 06:20

I also hate slow drivers, and get so annoyed with them! I loved getting to know a little more about you!

• Wendy on October 30, 2011 at 08:25

Kathy: I keep trying to like olives, but so far I don’t 🙂 Re: Wenchie…actually my friends started calling me that as a joke and it sort of stuck. Occasionally they shorten it to “Wench” which makes me laugh. Not terribly politically correct, but I’m good-natured about it!

Laura: How did I not know that you hated olives??? LOL! The morning get up time is why I like my job – I pretty much make my own schedule and I NEVER plan early morning visits 🙂

Bonnie: LOL! I know I am weird about the olives. But, they are just so bitter (I do tolerate them cooked)

Patti: Exactly! And around my house, there is a lot of dust (we live in the woods and the “duff” under the trees just floats around in the summer after we haven’t had rain for two months).

Carrie: Pumpkin pie 🙂

Sand: LOL – so you learned something new about me! Yes – wenchie has been with me now for awhile.

Pam: Aw, thank you for saying that! Yes, I have my fur children 🙂 And they are wonderful!

Kailana: It is a fun little exercise, isn’t it?

Heather: I just want them to drive the speed limit – not 20 MPH UNDER it!!!

• Amused on October 30, 2011 at 16:17

What a cute photo of you as a little girl! I love, love Shepherd’s Pie! I want to come over for dinner 😉

• Andi on October 31, 2011 at 10:28

I did this one, too — inspired by Jill at Fizzythoughts. I am also a loather of those who don’t do their jobs right. If I work with integrity, why can’t they?! Oy!

6. Right there with you on the olives. And the pet peeves! 🙂 Fun meme.

• Wendy on November 8, 2011 at 13:55

Leah: Thank you – and yes, you can come from dinner…anytime!

Andi: Exactly!!! LOL!

Les: What a surprise, we have some things in common 🙂

• Trish on November 16, 2011 at 11:26

Wenchie!? 😉 I have this meme draft and hope to post it next week sometime.

I made shepard’s pie last night for dinner. Curious how you make your recipe as I recently compared mine with a friend and learned we have very different ideas of shepard’s pie.

And no olives? Boo!

• Wendy on November 16, 2011 at 11:32

Trish: LOL – yup, Wenchie it is 🙂 Here is my recipe for Shepherd’s Pie: brown 1.5# of lean hamburg with onions and mushrooms; mix with 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can drained sweet corn, thyme, pepper and salt – put mixture in ungreased casserole. Boil some potatoes and then mash them with salt, pepper, butter, milk (optional: add sour cream…also sometimes I boil a large sweet potato and mash it with the regular potatoes) – spoon potatoes on top of beef mixture and smooth out. Sprinkle top with paprika and dabs of butter. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the beef mixture bubbles up under the potatoes. Optional: Broil on high for 7 minutes or more until top browns. Eat!!!

7. I’ve copied your Shepherd’s Pie recipe and plan to surprise Rod with it this weekend. He loves the dish and says Trader Joe’s isn’t bad, but I can tell he’d prefer homemade. 😉 I do spoil that man!

• Wendy on November 16, 2011 at 15:13

Yay! You’ll have to let me know how he likes it 🙂

• Trish on November 16, 2011 at 19:53

I’ll have to try your version of Shepherd’s Pie, Wendy! I brown up some meat and add a bit of Worchestershire Sauce (tbsp) and 1/2 cup ketchup and a bit of salt and pepper. Stir in 1-1.5 cups of frozen peas then put in a casserole dish. Add [instant] mashed potatoes on top and bake for 30 minutes at 400.

• Wendy on December 4, 2011 at 18:57

Trish: How did I miss your comment?!?!? I will have to try YOUR version too 🙂 Thanks for sending it along 🙂