January 1 – December 31, 2011
December 16, 2011: I have completed this challenge! Many thanks to Melissa for hosting. Follow the links below to read my reviews of the books I read for the challenge.
Once again Melissa at The Betty and Boo Chronicles is hosting The Memorable Memoir Challenge – a challenge that introduced me to looks of awesome books in 2010. So, it was a no brainer to do this one again. Melissa writes:
About the Challenge: If you enjoy reading memoirs or really haven’t explored them as much as you’d like to, then this is the challenge for you. Anything that in your mind qualifies as a memoir will meet the challenge requirements. Letters, diaries, autobiographies, books on writing memoirs … in my book, they all count as Memorable Memoirs. Books, e-books, audiobooks are all fine.
Requirements: It’s up to you! I want this to be a fun and low-key challenge, yet one that will be worthwhile of your valuable reading time. If that means reading one memoir, that’s great. If that means reading three dozen, even better. You decide what works for you. Overlaps with other challenges are more than fine … even encouraged.
Review link ups coming soon.
I’ve learned from past experience that I should not overextend on challenges. So I’m planning to read SIX books for this challenge. I’ll list them as I go…
- The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure – COMPLETED April 22, 2011; rated 4/5; read my review.
- The Boy in the Moon by Ian Brown – COMPLETED June 18, 2011; rated 5/5; read my review.
- The River of Forgetting by Jane Rowan – COMPLETED September 1, 2011; rated 4/5; read my review.
- Love at First Bark by Julie Klam – COMPLETED October 22, 2011; rated 4/5; read my review.
- Maman’s Homesick Pie by Donia Bijan – COMPLETED December 8, 2011; rated 4/5; read my review.
- The Puppy That Came for Christmas by Megan Rix – COMPLETED December 16, 2011; rated 3.5/5; read my review.