caribousmom Rotating Header Image

The Remainder of 2011 in Books…

Share in top social networks!

What shall I read? This is the question that has been circling my brain for the last few days because 2011 is winding down and I want to squeeze in some great books before the year peters out. I will finish reading Diana Athill’s short story collection and We the Animals by Justin Torres today.

Here are the books which I will be considering in the last 11 days of December:

• River of Smoke by Amitav Ghosh
  • The Artist of Disappearance by Anita Desai
  • Hand Me Down World by Lloyd Jones
  • White Truffles in Winter by N.. Kelby
  • Child Wonder by Roy Jacobsen
  • A Long-Forgotten Truth by Rachel Ballard
  • The Tin Ticket by Deborah J. Swiss
  • Elizabeth and Hazel by David Margolick

What would YOU choose?

Share in top social networks!

13 Comments

1. Kailana says:

The Tin Ticket looks really good…

2. Andi says:

I have no idea what I’ll be reading these last few days, but A Long-Forgotten Truth is on my “potentials” list. :)

3. A Long-Forgotten Truth would be my vote for you. I’m curious to see how this book is since it’s this independent press’s first book. I love Alayne’s blog and the premise of this book is intriguing.

4. River of Smoke because you so loved the first one, and I haven’t seen many reviews of this one. I’m debating when to start this series myself, so my choice is somewhat selfish;-) Happy end of the year reading!

5. Sand says:

“River of Smoke,” beyond the shadow of a doubt. I loved the first book!

6. Wendy says:

Kailana: I agree! That is one I am seriously thinking of trying to squeeze in.

Andi: It looks good, doesn’ it?

Natalie: *nods* I am strongly considering it because of just those reasons!

Carrie: I so loved the first one – I think I may have to read this one next actually – I would love to love it and so add it to my Best of the Year list!!

Sand: Okay – I’m convinced!

7. I haven’t read any of those titles, but love the cover of The Artist of Disappearance so I vote for that one.

8. michelle says:

All the titles look interesting. Child Wonder and Tin Ticket pique my interest though. Happy reading through the holidays…

I have ten books to read to make my goal! I’ll be cuddled up with books as well after my shopping and wrapping is finished.

9. softdrink says:

White Truffles in Winter! I’d never heard of it, but the cover made me google it. It sounds interesting!

10. Mystica says:

River of smoke was absolutely stunning.

11. zibilee says:

I would go for River of Smoke and White Truffles in Winter!

12. Trish says:

Such beautiful covers but can you believe I haven’t HEARD of any of them?? The name Anita Desai sounds familiar, though.

13. Wendy says:

Kathy: I think the Desai book is going to win out!

Michelle: GOOD LUCK with reaching your goal!

Jill: There are SO many books, aren’t there? I always see books I’ve never heard of on the blogs!!

Mystica: Yup – I’m loving it!

Heather: I’m half way through River of Smoke!

Trish: LOL! Don’t feel bad – I sometimes am stunned that everyone is gushing about a book and I have never heard of it!