The Remainder of 2011 in Books…

What shall I read? This is the question that has been circling my brain for the last few days because 2011 is winding down and I want to squeeze in some great books before the year peters out. I will finish reading Diana Athill’s short story collection and We the Animals by Justin Torres today.

Here are the books which I will be considering in the last 11 days of December:

• River of Smoke by Amitav Ghosh
  • The Artist of Disappearance by Anita Desai
  • Hand Me Down World by Lloyd Jones
  • White Truffles in Winter by N.. Kelby
  • Child Wonder by Roy Jacobsen
  • A Long-Forgotten Truth by Rachel Ballard
  • The Tin Ticket by Deborah J. Swiss
  • Elizabeth and Hazel by David Margolick

What would YOU choose?

• Kailana on December 19, 2011 at 10:26

The Tin Ticket looks really good…

• Andi on December 19, 2011 at 10:32

I have no idea what I’ll be reading these last few days, but A Long-Forgotten Truth is on my “potentials” list. 🙂

1. A Long-Forgotten Truth would be my vote for you. I’m curious to see how this book is since it’s this independent press’s first book. I love Alayne’s blog and the premise of this book is intriguing.

2. River of Smoke because you so loved the first one, and I haven’t seen many reviews of this one. I’m debating when to start this series myself, so my choice is somewhat selfish;-) Happy end of the year reading!

• Sand on December 19, 2011 at 12:02

“River of Smoke,” beyond the shadow of a doubt. I loved the first book!

• Wendy on December 19, 2011 at 12:22

Kailana: I agree! That is one I am seriously thinking of trying to squeeze in.

Andi: It looks good, doesn’ it?

Natalie: *nods* I am strongly considering it because of just those reasons!

Carrie: I so loved the first one – I think I may have to read this one next actually – I would love to love it and so add it to my Best of the Year list!!

Sand: Okay – I’m convinced!

3. I haven’t read any of those titles, but love the cover of The Artist of Disappearance so I vote for that one.

4. All the titles look interesting. Child Wonder and Tin Ticket pique my interest though. Happy reading through the holidays…

I have ten books to read to make my goal! I’ll be cuddled up with books as well after my shopping and wrapping is finished.

5. White Truffles in Winter! I’d never heard of it, but the cover made me google it. It sounds interesting!

• Mystica on December 20, 2011 at 05:54

River of smoke was absolutely stunning.

• zibilee on December 20, 2011 at 06:19

I would go for River of Smoke and White Truffles in Winter!

• Trish on December 21, 2011 at 11:15

Such beautiful covers but can you believe I haven’t HEARD of any of them?? The name Anita Desai sounds familiar, though.

• Wendy on December 28, 2011 at 08:23

Kathy: I think the Desai book is going to win out!

Michelle: GOOD LUCK with reaching your goal!

Jill: There are SO many books, aren’t there? I always see books I’ve never heard of on the blogs!!

Mystica: Yup – I’m loving it!

Heather: I’m half way through River of Smoke!

Trish: LOL! Don’t feel bad – I sometimes am stunned that everyone is gushing about a book and I have never heard of it!