Today is book giveaway day at The Armchair BEA – visit the dedicated blog to get links to all the great giveaways being offered around the blog-o-sphere.
I am giving away books ALL WEEK LONG here in celebration of the BEA and reading – so make sure you come back every day through Friday to enter (some giveaways are worldwide while others are restricted to US/Canada). All giveaway winners will be chosen randomly on Saturday, June 9th after 5:00 pm PST.
So, in case you missed it…check out these posts to enter for the first two days of giveaways here on my blog:
- The Sunday Salon post for giveaway of The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans (US/Canada; book bloggers only)
- Introductions First post for giveaway of Rules of Civility by Amor Towles (worldwide; don’t need to be a book blogger to enter)
The Green Shore by Natalie Bakopoulos (Advance Readers Edition)
Simon & Schuster (June 2012)
This debut novel illuminates a seminal yet little-explored moment in Greek history: the 1967 military coup d’état, which ushered in a seven-year period of devastating brutality and repression. One family’s stories of love and resistance play out against the backdrop of this turbulent period. The publisher writes: “Set in Athens and Paris, The Green Shore is an ambitiously told and transporting literary tour de force that delves into a momentous episode in the history of a distant country. The stories of these unforgettable characters sear our hearts and make us understand not only this place, but also what it means to be human, in a new way.”
Natalie Bakopoulos holds an MFA in Fiction from the University of Michigan, where she now teaches. Her work has appeared in Tin House, Ninth Letter, and Granta Online and has received an O. Henry Award, a Hopwood Award, and a Platsis Prize for Work in the Greek Legacy. She is a contributing editor for the online journal Fiction Writers Review. Each summer she teaches creative writing at the Aegean Arts Circle in Andros, Greece. The Green Shore is her first novel.
- This contest is open to everyone WORLDWIDE but you must be a book blogger to enter. Please be sure to leave your link to your blog in the comment form. No link, no entry.
- Entries must be received by 5:00 pm PST on Saturday, June 9th, 2012.
- One winner will be randomly chosen and their name announced on this blog by Sunday, June 10th, 2012.
TWO CHANCES TO ENTER:
- For ONE entry, comment on this post; leave a link to your book blog on the comment entry form.
- For a SECOND entry, visit the book’s Facebook Page and “like” it…then come back and tell me you did it (again, be sure the link to your blog is on the comment entry form).