Welcome to the final day of the Armchair BEA!
It’s Friday! The last day of Armchair BEA. Can you believe it? The week has just flown by. I hope everyone has met some new blogging friends and learned a few things too. Maybe you got ideas for the future of your blog. We hope so. We want book blogging to be around for a long time.
Today’s topic is Ask The Experts. In your post, ask the visitors to your blog for blogging advice. What did you always want to know about blogging but were afraid to ask? Now is the time!
Alternatively, if you’ve been blogging for awhile, you’ve probably learned a thing or two. Whether you stumbled upon a something that makes blogging easier or made a mistake you’d never want anyone to repeat, share your experience and wisdom with others.
I have only one salient piece of advice about blogging – BE YOURSELF!!! The book blogging community has grown by leaps and bounds in the last couple of years. There are thousands of reviews, hundreds of giveaways, dozens of memes. To stand out, your blog needs to be unique. And the best way to be unique is to let your unique personality shine through.
Don’t be afraid to post about things other than books. The blogs I love the most, and the ones I tend to come back to again and again are those which allow me to actually get to know the blogger behind the words. When people think of my blog, I hope they associate it with Literary Fiction, dogs, and (now) quilting. I hope they know who I am. I believe what makes book blog reviews so appealing is that it is like sitting down and talking to your friends about books. Do you trust a big newspaper or your friend when it comes to book recommendations?
If you develop your own voice, share who you are, and provide a place where conversation can happen…you will not need to worry about stats and visitors. Those things will evolve as a natural course of events. In any case, remember to have fun because ultimately that is what will keep you blogging for a long, long time!
My Cross to Bear by Gregg Allman
- Anyone with a US or Canada mailing address is eligible.
- Entries close on June 9th (tomorrow) at 5:00 pm PST and winner will be chosen randomly.
- To enter Click here to take survey
Don’t forget to visit my other giveaways this week (all are open through June 9th at 5:00 pm PST):
- The Sunday Salon post for giveaway of The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans (US/Canada; book bloggers only)
- Introductions First post for giveaway of Rules of Civility by Amor Towles (worldwide; don’t need to be a book blogger to enter)
- Armchair BEA Giveaway post for giveaway of The Green Shore by Natalie Bakopoulos (worldwide; book bloggers only)
- Armchair BEA Networking in Real Life post for giveaway of two book package of I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella AND The GQ Candidate by Keli Goff (US/Canada; don’t need to be a book blogger)
- Armchair BEA Beyond the Blog post for giveaway of Raylon by Elmore Leonard (US/Canada; do not need to be a book blogger)