Check Out…

*Click on any photo in this post to enjoy a larger view

…the July/August 2012 Edition of Bookmarks Magazine. My literary fiction book list is included in the Have You Read? column!

Back in November 2011 I submitted my list – then waited and heard nothing back. So imagine my surprise when someone in my Yahoo book club group let me know the list was featured in the upcoming issue of the magazine. My list includes books by Jesmyn Ward, Michael Crummey, Goldie Goldblum, Louise Erdrich, Bruce Machart, Peter Geye, Dianne Warren, Karen Connelly, Ru Freeman, and Joyce Hinnefeld. You can find my full reviews by visiting the review page here on my blog, or pick up a copy of Bookmarks when it hits newsstands next month to read the blurbs.

I earned a year’s subscription for submitting my list. What about you? What books would make YOUR list for this column?

• Serena on June 20, 2012 at 11:43

That is so great. So happy for you! What would make my list….Stole Air by Osip Mendalstam, translated by Christian Wiman; The Queen’s Vow by C.W. Gortner; Darkroom by Joshua Graham; Perla by Carolina De Robertis; Nostalgia for the Criminal Past by Kathleen Winter; The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng….

O gosh, the list could go on…so I’ll stop there.

• Wendy on June 20, 2012 at 12:24

Oh, I need to check out some of your picks, Serena. I love Garden of Evening Mists (you should send your list in!!)

• Serena on June 21, 2012 at 01:48

I have no idea where to send it…lol I don’t subscribe.

1. Very cool!!! Thanks for sharing this, Wendy!

• Wendy on June 20, 2012 at 12:24

You’re welcome, Andi – I’m a little excited LOL!

2. GET OUT!!!!!! That’s awesome! Congratulations, Wendy!

• Wendy on June 20, 2012 at 12:24

LOL – thanks, Melissa!

• Melanie on June 20, 2012 at 12:17

I’m heading out on vacation tomorrow and I’m counting the the airport having a copy of this magazine.

• Wendy on June 20, 2012 at 12:26

Melanie – I don’t think this issue is on newsstands yet (I subscribe so mine came early). I believe issues come out close to the first of the month for each issue (so this one would be close to July 1st).

3. How wonderful! I’m not sure what would go on my list. I haven’t read any of the books on yours. 🙁

• Lenore on June 20, 2012 at 12:47

This is seriously cool! I’ve read the Erdrich but not the others.

4. Congratulations! It is a fantastic selection too – I especially loved Salvage the Bones.

• Kay on June 20, 2012 at 13:23

That is fabulous, Wendy! I got my copy of Bookmarks, but haven’t even opened it yet. You’re famous!! LOL

• Gavin on June 20, 2012 at 15:12

This is so cool, Wendy, and you have chosen an amazing list of books!

• JoAnn on June 21, 2012 at 05:23

CONGRATULATIONS, Wendy…. this is so exciting!!

5. That is so awesome, Wendy! I haven’t cracked my copy open yet, but I plan to rush home and read it as soon as I get off work. 🙂 Congratulations!

• Susan on June 21, 2012 at 17:55

That is great! I enjoy that magazine and will look for your list in it.

• Elisabeth on June 24, 2012 at 05:32

Congrats, It was was a pleasant surprise to find your list in my favorite magazine!

My TBR is growing with new additions from your list!

6. Wendy, that’s fantastic! Congratulations!