A Little Care Package – Stitched & Filled With Love

CarePackage.Paula0001

My sister is facing another surgery soon…and so I decided it was time to put together a care package to remind her how much she is loved and to lift her spirits a bit.

I decided to make a wide mouthed little bag out of some yummy linen and Japanese imported fabrics and fill it with goodies.

WideMouthedPouch.010001 WideMouthedPouch.bottom0001

I used some rich red fabric to line the bag and inserted a black zipper:

WideMouthedPouch.open0001

One of the items I sent along was a cute little mug rug made out of 1930’s fabrics and plenty of dots (because my sister LOVES dots):

1930sMugRugFront0001 1930sMugRugBack0001

I also included some hand and foot lotion from Aveda, a DVD of the first season of Homeland (awesome show), my gently used copy of Frozen by Kate Watterson, some lip gloss from Aveda, and a finger thingy for making sewing easier! I hope this little care package will bring a smile to her face!

• Kay on February 7, 2013 at 06:39

Wendy, what a nice care package! Just lovely and I know your sister will appreciate it. I’m so sorry that she is going to have to experience more procedures. Sigh. Keeping her in my prayers.

My sister is hanging in there. She’s lately experienced some new symptoms, but will have another round of scans later this month to see if her tumor has grown or whatnot. Inoperable is such a yucky word.

Hugs to you.

• Melanie on February 7, 2013 at 06:44

What a lovely package. The love and thoughtfullnss that you put in is sure to brighten her day. And it’s the perfect thing to take to the hospital for cheering up.

1. That is beautiful! I especially love the red interior. You are such a great sister! I hope the next round of treatment goes well.

• zibilee on February 7, 2013 at 09:15

Wendy, I just lost someone I cared for very much to cancer, and can understand you wanting to pamper and love on your sister with this gift. Both you and she will be in my prayers for the upcoming surgery and beyond. You did a beautiful job with this gift.

2. Love the Japanese fabric. I’m sure your sister will too. She is lucky to have you.

3. What a thoughtful gift! I’m sure your sister will treasure it.

• paula on February 9, 2013 at 09:02

Not only did this wonderful package receive a smile but also a squeal of delight! Thank you for your thoughts and well wishes….I’ll be so glad to get this behind me! Love you sis!

• Ali on February 9, 2013 at 11:58

So sweet! I hope your sister’s surgery goes well.

• Susan on February 9, 2013 at 14:54

Like the care package! Frozen and Homeland look really good. I can’t believe I havent watched it yet.

• Serena on February 11, 2013 at 07:51

I am sure your sister will love it and those Aveda creams for the hands and feet are so awesome!